Sponsor: VoiceMeUp - Corporate & Wholesale VoIP Services

VoIP Mailing List Archives
Mailing list archives for the VoIP community
 SearchSearch 

[asterisk-biz] Next Move - Kind of hosting

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VoIP Mailing List Archives Forum Index -> Asterisk Business
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tim at nsoptimum.co.uk

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:58 am    Post subject: [asterisk-biz] Next Move - Kind of hosting Reply with quote

Hi

Been lurking on the user list for a while but I have some what of an immediate requirement and I’m wondering if you can suggest the best solution (if mines a rubbish idea)

I have been testing Asterisk as a bolt on to our Mitel 3300.. its been doing some softphones for users abroad, etc and I’m happy with the fact I want to progress to a full system.

However during this testing phase 2 customers of mine (I’m a IT Service Provider) have ask for some managed, collocated small business servers, which include the requirement for me to host their phones.

No Problem I thought, I’m well on the way to this anyhow.

So I’m thinking (although not tried it) that if I got my Asterisk box running for my company (E1 card for outside link) I would AIX the hosted PBX for the customers to my PBX to allow them to make outgoing calls. I would get my teleco to provide phone numbers for them and also get my PBX to redirect that number to the hosted PBX.

Is this correct so far? Or should I keep their system separate? Or should I forget my PBX and push their incoming / outing calls out to a SIP / AIX provider on the net and wash my hands of it?

Also I know you can run multi context on one host BUT can they also run the same extension numbers? Or would I have to let one company have 401-410 and the next company have 411 to 420, etc, etc (I’m guessing that’s the case)

And lastly.. Call accounting.. Certainly found a lot of good info about certain call accounting applications but as anyone got any good feedback about one they personally use.. Id like to feed it GNU / Open Source / Free while I build myself up.. Although I don’t want to compete with the big boys, Id like to think I could get 20 or so customers co-located.

Cheers

Tim

This message is sent in confidence for the addressee only. Unless specifically stated, the contents are not to be disclosed to anyone other than the addressee. Unauthorised recipients must preserve this confidentiality and should please advise the sender immediately of any error in transmission. The views an opinions expressed in this e-mail message are the sender's own and do not necessarily represent the views and opinions of NS Optimum Ltd. Although this e-mail and attachments are believed to be free of any virus or other defects which may affect any computer or IT systems into which they are received, no responsibility is accepted by NS Optimum Ltd for any loss or damage arising in any way from the receipt or use thereof. Place of registration: England, Registered Office: Jenton Road, Sydenham Ind Est, Leamington Spa, Warwickshire, CV31 1XS, Registered No 3018839
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VoIP Mailing List Archives Forum Index -> Asterisk Business All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: