Sponsor: VoiceMeUp - Corporate & Wholesale VoIP Services

VoIP Mailing List Archives
Mailing list archives for the VoIP community
 SearchSearch 

[Freeswitch-users] Re- End Lua script after HangupHook handled without all the extra code to handle the return to the fu

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VoIP Mailing List Archives Forum Index -> freeSWITCH Users
View previous topic :: View next topic  
andrew.keil at visytel...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:35 pm    Post subject: [Freeswitch-users] Re- End Lua script after HangupHook handl Reply with quote

To FreeSWITCH Users,

See below for a sample template for a Lua Service Script running inside FreeSWITCH.

The issue I have is fairly straightforward.

I need a function to run when hangup is detected (ie. at the end of the call) however I understand this must not delay ending the script. This function is CleanUp(). Then I would like the service to end.

The problem I am having is if the caller hangs up during the playback of “intro.wav” (as shown inside the MainService() function below), then the code jumps to the myHangupHook which calls CleanUp() perfectly, the issue is once CleanUp() is complete I would like the Lua script to end there and then (ie. at the bottom of CleanUp()). What actually happens is it returns to MainService() and continues to try and play “info.wav”, unless I either check for session:ready() everywhere or add a goto as shown below under each streamFile() function call.

My aim is to reduce extra code and to make the Lua script simpler and easier to read. Also I would like to try and avoid goto statements, which I know can be done with if (session:ready()) etc….

So is there a way to stop a Lua script running inside FreeSWITCH cleanly? I have tried the os.exit() this is barred from use by FreeSWITCH. I have also tried session:destroy() which crashes FreeSWITCH (version 1.6.5 on CentOS 6.7, CentOS 7 and windows) 100% of the time!

I could look further into the Lua additions done by the FreeSWITCH team in the source code, however if someone has already solved this then that would be the best solution.

FYI: Obviously the script below is simple, however I am sure that you understand if the script was complicated having to use “if (session:ready()) then ….” or “if (not session:ready()) then goto HANGUPEXIT end” makes the code ugly.

Thanks in advance,

Andrew Keil
Visytel Pty Ltd

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Sample Lua Service -----------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Lua template for FreeSWITCH service
-- By: Andrew Keil (Visytel Pty Ltd)
-- Email: support@visytel.com

-- Setup script wide variables here

function PreAnswer()
freeswitch.consoleLog("INFO", "PRE ANSWER SECTION\n");
-- Add your pre answer code from here

-- End of your pre answer code
freeswitch.consoleLog("INFO", "PRE ANSWER SECTION COMPLETE\n");
end

function AnswerCaller()
session:answer()
session:sleep(1000)
end

function MainService()
freeswitch.consoleLog("INFO", "MAIN SERVICE SECTION\n");
if (session:ready()) then
-- Note (1): If you wish to end the call then simply use: goto ENDSERVICE
-- Note (2): To terminate the service sooner when HANGUP is detected use: if (not session:ready()) then goto HANGUPEXIT end
-- Add your main service code from here (caller would have been answered)

session:streamFile("intro.wav")
if (not session:ready()) then goto HANGUPEXIT end
session:streamFile("info.wav")
session:streamFile("outro.wav")

-- End of your main service code
end
::ENDSERVICE::
-- End of service so hangup
session:hangup() -- Should automatically jump to CleanUp() via hangup handler if caller still online at this stage
end
goto END
::HANGUPEXIT::
freeswitch.consoleLog("INFO", "END OF SERVICE (HANGUP DETECTED)\n");
::END::
freeswitch.consoleLog("INFO", "MAIN SERVICE SECTION COMPLETE\n");
end

function CleanUp()
freeswitch.consoleLog("INFO", "CLEANUP SECTION\n");
-- Add your cleanup code from here (caller would have been disconnected)

-- End of your cleanup code
freeswitch.consoleLog("INFO", "CLEANUP SECTION COMPLETE\n");
end

function myHangupHook(s, status, arg)
session:hangup()
CleanUp() -- Run CleanUp function now since the caller has disconnected
end

-- Setup Hangup event handler here
v_hangup = "HANGUP"
session:setHangupHook("myHangupHook", "v_hangup")

-- Call service functions in order
PreAnswer()
AnswerCaller()
MainService()
-- End of Lua service
abaci64 at gmail.com

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:31 am    Post subject: [Freeswitch-users] Re- End Lua script after HangupHook handl Reply with quote

See https://freeswitch.org/confluence/display/FREESWITCH/Lua+API+Reference#LuaAPIReference-session:setHangupHook for a few ways to exit the lua script (error(), return "exit", return "die", s:destroy("error message")). I personally tried return "exit" but it seems to me that it only exits the calling function, haven't had a chance to look further, it's possible that the calling it from the within a function is different. if you play around and figure out please report back.

On Thu, Feb 25, 2016 at 9:33 PM, Andrew Keil <andrew.keil@visytel.com (andrew.keil@visytel.com)> wrote:
Quote:

To FreeSWITCH Users,

See below for a sample template for a Lua Service Script running inside FreeSWITCH.

I need a function to run when hangup is detected (ie. at the end of the call) however I understand this must not delay ending the script.  This function is CleanUp().  Then I would like the service to end.

The problem I am having is if the caller hangs up during the playback of “intro.wav” (as shown inside the MainService() function below), then the code jumps to the myHangupHook which calls CleanUp() perfectly, the issue is once CleanUp() is complete I would like the Lua script to end there and then (ie. at the bottom of CleanUp()).  What actually happens is it returns to MainService() and continues to try and play “info.wav”, unless I either check for session:ready() everywhere or add a goto as shown below under each streamFile() function call.

My aim is to reduce extra code and to make the Lua script simpler and easier to read.  Also I would like to try and avoid goto statements, which I know can be done with if (session:ready()) etc….

So is there a way to stop a Lua script running inside FreeSWITCH cleanly?  I have tried the os.exit() this is barred from use by FreeSWITCH.  I have also tried session:destroy() which crashes FreeSWITCH (version 1.6.5 on CentOS 6.7, CentOS 7 and windows) 100% of the time!

I could look further into the Lua additions done by the FreeSWITCH team in the source code, however if someone has already solved this then that would be the best solution.

FYI: Obviously the script below is simple, however I am sure that you understand if the script was complicated having to use “if (session:ready()) then ….” or “if (not session:ready()) then goto HANGUPEXIT end” makes the code ugly.

Thanks in advance,

Andrew Keil
Visytel Pty Ltd

------------------------------------------------------------------------------  Sample Lua Service -----------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Email: support@visytel.com (support@visytel.com)

function PreAnswer()

end       

function AnswerCaller()
end       

function MainService()
                                -- Note (2): To terminate the service sooner when HANGUP is detected use: if (not session:ready()) then goto HANGUPEXIT end
                                -- Add your main service code from here               (caller would have been answered)

end
                                session:hangup()  -- Should automatically jump to CleanUp() via hangup handler if caller still online at this stage
                end
                goto END
end

function CleanUp()

end       

end

v_hangup = "HANGUP"

PreAnswer()
AnswerCaller()
MainService()
-- End of Lua service

Official FreeSWITCH Sites
http://www.freeswitch.org
http://confluence.freeswitch.org
http://www.cluecon.com

FreeSWITCH-users mailing list
FreeSWITCH-users@lists.freeswitch.org (FreeSWITCH-users@lists.freeswitch.org)
http://lists.freeswitch.org/mailman/listinfo/freeswitch-users
UNSUBSCRIBE:http://lists.freeswitch.org/mailman/options/freeswitch-users

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:39 am    Post subject: [Freeswitch-users] Re- End Lua script after HangupHook handl Reply with quote

Thanks for your response.

I have gone through these with no luck. Like I said the session:destroy(“…”) crashes FreeSWITCH, which is therefore off the list. The rest simply interrupt the current function and do no end the script.

I guess my next move is to see why session:destroy() crashes FreeSWITCH, however I am a little snowed under at the moment so if anyone has some time to replicate this (only needs one line of code in a Lua script) and pass this on to the developers that would be great.

Andrew

From: freeswitch-users-bounces@lists.freeswitch.org [mailto:freeswitch-users-bounces@lists.freeswitch.org] On Behalf Of Abaci B
Sent: Saturday, 27 February 2016 1:29 AM
To: FreeSWITCH Users Help <freeswitch-users@lists.freeswitch.org>
Subject: Re: [Freeswitch-users] Re- End Lua script after HangupHook handled without all the extra code to handle the return to the function

See https://freeswitch.org/confluence/display/FREESWITCH/Lua+API+Reference#LuaAPIReference-session:setHangupHook for a few ways to exit the lua script (error(), return "exit", return "die", s:destroy("error message")). I personally tried return "exit" but it seems to me that it only exits the calling function, haven't had a chance to look further, it's possible that the calling it from the within a function is different. if you play around and figure out please report back.

On Thu, Feb 25, 2016 at 9:33 PM, Andrew Keil <andrew.keil@visytel.com (andrew.keil@visytel.com)> wrote:
Quote:

To FreeSWITCH Users,

I need a function to run when hangup is detected (ie. at the end of the call) however I understand this must not delay ending the script. This function is CleanUp(). Then I would like the service to end.

The problem I am having is if the caller hangs up during the playback of “intro.wav” (as shown inside the MainService() function below), then the code jumps to the myHangupHook which calls CleanUp() perfectly, the issue is once CleanUp() is complete I would like the Lua script to end there and then (ie. at the bottom of CleanUp()). What actually happens is it returns to MainService() and continues to try and play “info.wav”, unless I either check for session:ready() everywhere or add a goto as shown below under each streamFile() function call.

My aim is to reduce extra code and to make the Lua script simpler and easier to read. Also I would like to try and avoid goto statements, which I know can be done with if (session:ready()) etc….

So is there a way to stop a Lua script running inside FreeSWITCH cleanly? I have tried the os.exit() this is barred from use by FreeSWITCH. I have also tried session:destroy() which crashes FreeSWITCH (version 1.6.5 on CentOS 6.7, CentOS 7 and windows) 100% of the time!

Thanks in advance,

Andrew Keil
Visytel Pty Ltd

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Sample Lua Service -----------------------------------------------------------------------

function PreAnswer()

end

function AnswerCaller()
end

function MainService()

end
session:hangup() -- Should automatically jump to CleanUp() via hangup handler if caller still online at this stage
end
goto END
end

function CleanUp()

end

end

v_hangup = "HANGUP"

PreAnswer()
AnswerCaller()
MainService()
-- End of Lua service

abaci64 at gmail.com

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:55 am    Post subject: [Freeswitch-users] Re- End Lua script after HangupHook handl Reply with quote

That's exactly what I noticed, it breaks out of the current function, why not open a Jira? I don't think it's supposed to behave this way.

On Mon, Feb 29, 2016 at 1:37 AM, Andrew Keil <andrew.keil@visytel.com (andrew.keil@visytel.com)> wrote:
Quote:

I have gone through these with no luck.   Like I said the session:destroy(“…”) crashes FreeSWITCH, which is therefore off the list.  The rest simply interrupt the current function and do no end the script.

I guess my next move is to see why session:destroy() crashes FreeSWITCH, however I am a little snowed under at the moment so if anyone has some time to replicate this (only needs one line of code in a Lua script) and pass this on to the developers that would be great.

Andrew

From: freeswitch-users-bounces@lists.freeswitch.org (freeswitch-users-bounces@lists.freeswitch.org) [mailto:freeswitch-users-bounces@lists.freeswitch.org (freeswitch-users-bounces@lists.freeswitch.org)] On Behalf Of Abaci B
To: FreeSWITCH Users Help <freeswitch-users@lists.freeswitch.org (freeswitch-users@lists.freeswitch.org)>
Subject: Re: [Freeswitch-users] Re- End Lua script after HangupHook handled without all the extra code to handle the return to the function

Quote:

To FreeSWITCH Users,

I need a function to run when hangup is detected (ie. at the end of the call) however I understand this must not delay ending the script.  This function is CleanUp().  Then I would like the service to end.

The problem I am having is if the caller hangs up during the playback of “intro.wav” (as shown inside the MainService() function below), then the code jumps to the myHangupHook which calls CleanUp() perfectly, the issue is once CleanUp() is complete I would like the Lua script to end there and then (ie. at the bottom of CleanUp()).  What actually happens is it returns to MainService() and continues to try and play “info.wav”, unless I either check for session:ready() everywhere or add a goto as shown below under each streamFile() function call.

My aim is to reduce extra code and to make the Lua script simpler and easier to read.  Also I would like to try and avoid goto statements, which I know can be done with if (session:ready()) etc….

So is there a way to stop a Lua script running inside FreeSWITCH cleanly?  I have tried the os.exit() this is barred from use by FreeSWITCH.  I have also tried session:destroy() which crashes FreeSWITCH (version 1.6.5 on CentOS 6.7, CentOS 7 and windows) 100% of the time!

Thanks in advance,

Andrew Keil
Visytel Pty Ltd

------------------------------------------------------------------------------  Sample Lua Service -----------------------------------------------------------------------

function PreAnswer()

end       

function AnswerCaller()
end       

function MainService()
                                -- Add your main service code from here               (caller would have been answered)

end
                                session:hangup()  -- Should automatically jump to CleanUp() via hangup handler if caller still online at this stage
                end
                goto END
end

function CleanUp()

end       

end

v_hangup = "HANGUP"

PreAnswer()
AnswerCaller()
MainService()
-- End of Lua service

abaci64 at gmail.com

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:17 am    Post subject: [Freeswitch-users] Re- End Lua script after HangupHook handl Reply with quote

I don't see in your example above where you have a return "exit" in your hangup hook function
see https://freeswitch.org/jira/browse/FS-3841
seems like the "exit" or "die" needs to be returned directly from the hanguphook function so try from that function (not cleanup function) to return "exit" or "dye", also it seems

On Mon, Feb 29, 2016 at 10:53 AM, Abaci B <abaci64@gmail.com (abaci64@gmail.com)> wrote:
Quote:
That's exactly what I noticed, it breaks out of the current function, why not open a Jira? I don't think it's supposed to behave this way.

On Mon, Feb 29, 2016 at 1:37 AM, Andrew Keil <andrew.keil@visytel.com (andrew.keil@visytel.com)> wrote:
Quote:

I have gone through these with no luck.   Like I said the session:destroy(“…”) crashes FreeSWITCH, which is therefore off the list.  The rest simply interrupt the current function and do no end the script.

Andrew

From: freeswitch-users-bounces@lists.freeswitch.org (freeswitch-users-bounces@lists.freeswitch.org) [mailto:freeswitch-users-bounces@lists.freeswitch.org (freeswitch-users-bounces@lists.freeswitch.org)] On Behalf Of Abaci B
To: FreeSWITCH Users Help <freeswitch-users@lists.freeswitch.org (freeswitch-users@lists.freeswitch.org)>

Quote:

To FreeSWITCH Users,

Thanks in advance,

Andrew Keil
Visytel Pty Ltd

function PreAnswer()

end       

function AnswerCaller()
end       

function MainService()

end
                end
                goto END
end

function CleanUp()

end       

end

v_hangup = "HANGUP"

PreAnswer()
AnswerCaller()
MainService()
-- End of Lua service

msc at freeswitch.org

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:06 pm    Post subject: [Freeswitch-users] Re- End Lua script after HangupHook handl Reply with quote

On Mon, Feb 29, 2016 at 8:15 AM, Abaci B <abaci64@gmail.com (abaci64@gmail.com)> wrote:
Quote:
I don't see in your example above where you have a return "exit" in your hangup hook function
seems like the "exit" or "die" needs to be returned directly from the hanguphook function so try from that function (not cleanup function) to return "exit" or "dye", also it seems

On Mon, Feb 29, 2016 at 10:53 AM, Abaci B <abaci64@gmail.com (abaci64@gmail.com)> wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

I was not able to get session:destroy() to crash freeswitch using latest 1.7. However, it does not appear you need to explicitly destroy the session. I suggest doing what Abaci recommends with the 'return "exit"' at the end of myHangupHook right after the call to CleanUp().

-MC

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:11 pm    Post subject: [Freeswitch-users] Re- End Lua script after HangupHook handl Reply with quote

Abaci B,

Thanks so much for sourcing the JIRA topic!

You were right, by placing the return “exit” inside the hanguphook handler then the sript does stop and abort with an error. I have made this cleaner by adding debug.traceback=nil just prior.

So now my hangup hook handler looks like this:

debug.traceback=nil
return "exit"
end

Obviously this generates the message: “2016-03-01 09:01:18.625809 [ERR] mod_lua.cpp:203 exit”
in the console, but this I can live with especially to avoid the goto statements throughout the code after every audio related function.

Thanks again.

Andrew Keil
Visytel Pty Ltd

From: freeswitch-users-bounces@lists.freeswitch.org [mailto:freeswitch-users-bounces@lists.freeswitch.org] On Behalf Of Abaci B
Sent: Tuesday, 1 March 2016 3:16 AM

Quote:

Quote:

I have gone through these with no luck. Like I said the session:destroy(“…”) crashes FreeSWITCH, which is therefore off the list. The rest simply interrupt the current function and do no end the script.

Andrew

Quote:

To FreeSWITCH Users,

Thanks in advance,

Andrew Keil
Visytel Pty Ltd

function PreAnswer()

end

function AnswerCaller()
end

function MainService()

end
end
goto END
end

function CleanUp()

end

end

v_hangup = "HANGUP"

PreAnswer()
AnswerCaller()
MainService()
-- End of Lua service

abaci64 at gmail.com

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:58 am    Post subject: [Freeswitch-users] Re- End Lua script after HangupHook handl Reply with quote

I still think there should be a way to exit a lua script without calling a hangup hook, this is needed for lua scripts with no session and even in some scenarios where there is a session.
I think I'll open a feature request on Jira for that, unless someone knows a way to do this?

On Mon, Feb 29, 2016 at 5:09 PM, Andrew Keil <andrew.keil@visytel.com (andrew.keil@visytel.com)> wrote:
Quote:

Abaci B,

You were right, by placing the return “exit” inside the hanguphook handler then the sript does stop and abort with an error.  I have made this cleaner by adding debug.traceback=nil just prior.

debug.traceback=nil
    return "exit" 
end

Obviously this generates the message: “2016-03-01 09:01:18.625809 [ERR] mod_lua.cpp:203 exit”
in the console, but this I can live with especially to avoid the goto statements throughout the code after every audio related function.

Thanks again.

Andrew Keil
Visytel Pty Ltd

Quote:

Quote:

Andrew

Quote:

To FreeSWITCH Users,

Thanks in advance,

Andrew Keil
Visytel Pty Ltd

function PreAnswer()

end       

function AnswerCaller()
end       

function MainService()

end
                end
                goto END
end

function CleanUp()

end       

end

v_hangup = "HANGUP"

PreAnswer()
AnswerCaller()
MainService()
-- End of Lua service

chad at apartmentlines...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:58 am    Post subject: [Freeswitch-users] Re- End Lua script after HangupHook handl Reply with quote

In cases where I've run Lua scripts on startup, I'll use a global variable, and periodically check it like so:

kill_script = api:executeString("global_getvar custom_lua_kill_script")

If the variable is set to a specified value, then I take steps to end the script, which usually just means breaking out of an infinite loop.

This variable can be adjusted in a number of ways, including another Lua script, directly from CLI, or even by setting a timer using the schedule API in the same script:

command = string.format([[sched_api %d none global_setvar custom_lua_kill_script=true]], shutdown_stamp)
  api:executeString(command)

Not the most elegant solution, but it works.

On Fri, Mar 4, 2016 at 5:55 AM, Abaci B <abaci64@gmail.com (abaci64@gmail.com)> wrote:
Quote:
I still think there should be a way to exit a lua script without calling a hangup hook, this is needed for lua scripts with no session and even in some scenarios where there is a session.
I think I'll open a feature request on Jira for that, unless someone knows a way to do this?

On Mon, Feb 29, 2016 at 5:09 PM, Andrew Keil <andrew.keil@visytel.com (andrew.keil@visytel.com)> wrote:
Quote:

Abaci B,

You were right, by placing the return “exit” inside the hanguphook handler then the sript does stop and abort with an error.  I have made this cleaner by adding debug.traceback=nil just prior.

debug.traceback=nil
    return "exit" 
end

Thanks again.

Andrew Keil
Visytel Pty Ltd

Quote:

Quote:

Andrew

Quote:

To FreeSWITCH Users,

Thanks in advance,

Andrew Keil
Visytel Pty Ltd

function PreAnswer()

end       

function AnswerCaller()
end       

function MainService()

end
                end
                goto END
end

function CleanUp()

end       

end

v_hangup = "HANGUP"

PreAnswer()
AnswerCaller()
MainService()
-- End of Lua service

abaci64 at gmail.com

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:20 pm    Post subject: [Freeswitch-users] Re- End Lua script after HangupHook handl Reply with quote

The question is not how to figure out when to exit the lua script, the question is how to exit the lua script, and that can sometimes be tricky or complicated as return "exit" only works from hangup hook.

On Fri, Mar 4, 2016 at 11:56 AM, Chad Phillips <chad@apartmentlines.com (chad@apartmentlines.com)> wrote:
Quote:
In cases where I've run Lua scripts on startup, I'll use a global variable, and periodically check it like so:

If the variable is set to a specified value, then I take steps to end the script, which usually just means breaking out of an infinite loop.

This variable can be adjusted in a number of ways, including another Lua script, directly from CLI, or even by setting a timer using the schedule API in the same script:

command = string.format([[sched_api %d none global_setvar custom_lua_kill_script=true]], shutdown_stamp)

On Fri, Mar 4, 2016 at 5:55 AM, Abaci B <abaci64@gmail.com (abaci64@gmail.com)> wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Abaci B,

debug.traceback=nil
    return "exit" 
end

Thanks again.

Andrew Keil
Visytel Pty Ltd

Quote:

Quote:

Andrew

Quote:

To FreeSWITCH Users,

Thanks in advance,

Andrew Keil
Visytel Pty Ltd

function PreAnswer()

end       

function AnswerCaller()
end       

function MainService()

end
                end
                goto END
end

function CleanUp()

end       

end

v_hangup = "HANGUP"

PreAnswer()
AnswerCaller()
MainService()
-- End of Lua service

msc at freeswitch.org

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:13 pm    Post subject: [Freeswitch-users] Re- End Lua script after HangupHook handl Reply with quote

On Fri, Mar 4, 2016 at 9:19 AM, Abaci B <abaci64@gmail.com (abaci64@gmail.com)> wrote:
Quote:
The question is not how to figure out when to exit the lua script, the question is how to exit the lua script, and that can sometimes be tricky or complicated as return "exit" only works from hangup hook.

Are you positive that it works only from a hangup hook? It seems to work at the end of any loop:

-- testing exit (no session, call with luarun)
freeswitch.consoleLog('INFO',"Starting infinite loop...\n")
while(1) do
  freeswitch.consoleLog('WARNING',"Before exit...\n")
  return "exit"
end
freeswitch.consoleLog('INFO',"All done!\n")

Or with a session:
-- test exit with session, no hangup hook
freeswitch.consoleLog('INFO',"Entering main loop...\n")
while ( session:ready() == true ) do
  freeswitch.consoleLog('WARNING',"Inside loop...\n")
  return "exit"
end

In both cases I never see "All done!" at the CLI. Can you try it and see if there's a scenario where it does not exit as expected?

-MC

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:57 pm    Post subject: [Freeswitch-users] Re- End Lua script after HangupHook handl Reply with quote

Michael,

I have just run some more tests and you are correct that calling it inside a while loop like what you explained below does work outside of the hangup hook handler. Thanks for providing this extra information.

It should be noted that it does not work on its own simply at the bottom of a Lua function (ie. as the last statement without a while loop) - except as the last statement inside the hangup hook function.

ie. This works:
----------------------------------------------------------------

function CleanUp()
freeswitch.consoleLog("CLEANUP SECTION\n")
freeswitch.consoleLog("CLEANUP SECTION COMPLETE\n")
end

freeswitch.consoleLog(string.format("%s DETECTED\n",arg))
-- Run CleanUp function now since the caller has disconnected
CleanUp()
-- Abort Lua script here to avoid returning to MainService()
return "exit"
end
v_hangup = "HANGUP"

Whereas this does not work:

function CleanUp()
return "exit"
end

CleanUp()
end
v_hangup = "HANGUP"

Regards,

Andrew

From: freeswitch-users-bounces@lists.freeswitch.org [mailto:freeswitch-users-bounces@lists.freeswitch.org] On Behalf Of Michael Collins
Sent: Saturday, 5 March 2016 8:11 AM

On Fri, Mar 4, 2016 at 9:19 AM, Abaci B <abaci64@gmail.com (abaci64@gmail.com)> wrote:
Quote:

The question is not how to figure out when to exit the lua script, the question is how to exit the lua script, and that can sometimes be tricky or complicated as return "exit" only works from hangup hook.

Are you positive that it works only from a hangup hook? It seems to work at the end of any loop:

while(1) do

return "exit"

end

Or with a session:

return "exit"

end

In both cases I never see "All done!" at the CLI. Can you try it and see if there's a scenario where it does not exit as expected?

-MC
chad at apartmentlines...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:23 am    Post subject: [Freeswitch-users] Re- End Lua script after HangupHook handl Reply with quote

Andrew,

Curious if this structure will work at the bottom of either a a Lua script or Lua function:

do
  return "exit"
end

I seem to recall that being a trick that helped for weird 'return' cases.

Chad

On Tue, Mar 8, 2016 at 12:54 PM, Andrew Keil <andrew.keil@visytel.com (andrew.keil@visytel.com)> wrote:
Quote:

Michael,

I have just run some more tests and you are correct that calling it inside a while loop like what you explained below does work outside of the hangup hook handler.  Thanks for providing this extra information.

It should be noted that it does not work on its own simply at the bottom of a Lua function (ie. as the last statement without a while loop) -  except as the last statement inside the hangup hook function.

ie. This works:

function CleanUp()
end

CleanUp()
                return "exit"      
end
v_hangup = "HANGUP"

function CleanUp()
                return "exit"      
end       

CleanUp()
end
v_hangup = "HANGUP"

Regards,

Andrew

From: freeswitch-users-bounces@lists.freeswitch.org (freeswitch-users-bounces@lists.freeswitch.org) [mailto:freeswitch-users-bounces@lists.freeswitch.org (freeswitch-users-bounces@lists.freeswitch.org)] On Behalf Of Michael Collins

Quote:

while(1) do

return "exit"

end

Or with a session:

return "exit"

end

-MC

mike at jerris.com

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:58 pm    Post subject: [Freeswitch-users] Re- End Lua script after HangupHook handl Reply with quote

I have to double check, but this may leak memory...
Quote:
On Mar 4, 2016, at 11:56 AM, Chad Phillips <chad@apartmentlines.com (chad@apartmentlines.com)> wrote:

command = string.format([[sched_api %d none global_setvar custom_lua_kill_script=true]], shutdown_stamp)

Quote:

Quote:

Abaci B,

You were right, by placing the return “exit” inside the hanguphook handler then the sript does stop and abort with an error. I have made this cleaner by adding debug.traceback=nil just prior.

debug.traceback=nil
return "exit"
end

Thanks again.

Andrew Keil
Visytel Pty Ltd

From: freeswitch-users-bounces@lists.freeswitch.org (freeswitch-users-bounces@lists.freeswitch.org) [mailto:freeswitch-users-bounces@lists.freeswitch.org (freeswitch-users-bounces@lists.freeswitch.org)] On Behalf Of Abaci B Sent: Tuesday, 1 March 2016 3:16 AM To: FreeSWITCH Users Help <freeswitch-users@lists.freeswitch.org (freeswitch-users@lists.freeswitch.org)> Subject: Re: [Freeswitch-users] Re- End Lua script after HangupHook handled without all the extra code to handle the return to the function

Quote:

Quote:

Andrew

From: freeswitch-users-bounces@lists.freeswitch.org (freeswitch-users-bounces@lists.freeswitch.org) [mailto:freeswitch-users-bounces@lists.freeswitch.org (freeswitch-users-bounces@lists.freeswitch.org)] On Behalf Of Abaci B Sent: Saturday, 27 February 2016 1:29 AM To: FreeSWITCH Users Help <freeswitch-users@lists.freeswitch.org (freeswitch-users@lists.freeswitch.org)> Subject: Re: [Freeswitch-users] Re- End Lua script after HangupHook handled without all the extra code to handle the return to the function

Quote:

To FreeSWITCH Users,

Thanks in advance,

Andrew Keil
Visytel Pty Ltd

function PreAnswer()

end

function AnswerCaller()
end

function MainService()

end
end
goto END
end

function CleanUp()

end

end

v_hangup = "HANGUP"

PreAnswer()
AnswerCaller()
MainService()
-- End of Lua service

_________________________________________________________________________ Professional FreeSWITCH Consulting Services: consulting@freeswitch.org (consulting@freeswitch.org) FreeSWITCH-users@lists.freeswitch.org (FreeSWITCH-users@lists.freeswitch.org) http://lists.freeswitch.org/mailman/listinfo/freeswitch-users UNSUBSCRIBE:http://lists.freeswitch.org/mailman/options/freeswitch-users http://www.freeswitch.org

_________________________________________________________________________ Professional FreeSWITCH Consulting Services: consulting@freeswitch.org (consulting@freeswitch.org) FreeSWITCH-users@lists.freeswitch.org (FreeSWITCH-users@lists.freeswitch.org) http://lists.freeswitch.org/mailman/listinfo/freeswitch-users UNSUBSCRIBE:http://lists.freeswitch.org/mailman/options/freeswitch-users http://www.freeswitch.org

_________________________________________________________________________Professional FreeSWITCH Consulting Services: consulting@freeswitch.org (consulting@freeswitch.org)http://www.freeswitchsolutions.comOfficial FreeSWITCH Siteshttp://www.freeswitch.orghttp://confluence.freeswitch.orghttp://www.cluecon.comFreeSWITCH-users mailing listFreeSWITCH-users@lists.freeswitch.orghttp://lists.freeswitch.org/mailman/listinfo/freeswitch-usersUNSUBSCRIBE:http://lists.freeswitch.org/mailman/options/freeswitch-usershttp://www.freeswitch.org
abaci64 at gmail.com

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:23 pm    Post subject: [Freeswitch-users] Re- End Lua script after HangupHook handl Reply with quote

I would expect to be able to exit from a lua script without a while loop, should I open a feature request on Jira for that?

On Wed, Mar 9, 2016 at 1:20 AM, Chad Phillips <chad@apartmentlines.com (chad@apartmentlines.com)> wrote:
Quote:
Andrew,

Curious if this structure will work at the bottom of either a a Lua script or Lua function:

do
  return "exit"
end

I seem to recall that being a trick that helped for weird 'return' cases.

Chad

On Tue, Mar 8, 2016 at 12:54 PM, Andrew Keil <andrew.keil@visytel.com (andrew.keil@visytel.com)> wrote:

Quote:

Michael,

I have just run some more tests and you are correct that calling it inside a while loop like what you explained below does work outside of the hangup hook handler.  Thanks for providing this extra information.

It should be noted that it does not work on its own simply at the bottom of a Lua function (ie. as the last statement without a while loop) -  except as the last statement inside the hangup hook function.

ie. This works:

function CleanUp()
end

CleanUp()
                return "exit"      
end
v_hangup = "HANGUP"

function CleanUp()
                return "exit"      
end       

CleanUp()
end
v_hangup = "HANGUP"

Regards,

Andrew

From: freeswitch-users-bounces@lists.freeswitch.org (freeswitch-users-bounces@lists.freeswitch.org) [mailto:freeswitch-users-bounces@lists.freeswitch.org (freeswitch-users-bounces@lists.freeswitch.org)] On Behalf Of Michael Collins

Quote:

while(1) do

return "exit"

end

Or with a session:

return "exit"

end

-MC

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VoIP Mailing List Archives Forum Index -> freeSWITCH Users All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: