Sponsor: VoiceMeUp - Corporate & Wholesale VoIP Services

VoIP Mailing List Archives
Mailing list archives for the VoIP community
 SearchSearch 

[asterisk-users] Surfing the web via Asterisk.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VoIP Mailing List Archives Forum Index -> Asterisk Users
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lardconcepts at gmail.com

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:02 am    Post subject: [asterisk-users] Surfing the web via Asterisk. Reply with quote

Has anyone attempted making the web phone accessible? I can only find one company which operated between 1996 and 2000. 

I was thinking, install Chrome with Chromevox, headless, on a server, and use something like an AGI to send basic keyboard commands to navigate a page, as a screenreader user would, and pipe the audio back to a channel, to be streamed by Asterisk. 

(Bear with me here - it's a project for blind people involving a telephone and some lateral thinking!)

And yes, I mean more than just CURL a page, tts it and then read. I'm talking about using the keypad to navigate the headers and landmarks. There are just enough keys to make it viable.

Of particular interest is the very high quality of the Chromevox screenreader voice from Google.

Does such a framework exist? I'm aware of a project called Chromium Headless, but some of the links are broken and it doesn't seem to have the audio/extension part

Failing headless, what about running it on a vps in an x-window environment? Not sure how I'd pass the keyboard presses to it, without using a keyboard...

Any ideas, or is the whole idea complete madness? Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VoIP Mailing List Archives Forum Index -> Asterisk Users All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: