|dcunningham at voisoni...
|Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:18 am Post subject: [asterisk-biz] VoIP support engineer opportunity
Voisonics is hiring a VoIP support engineer to assist our customers running Asterisk based hosted PBX platforms. This is a part-time contract work-from-home position.
For communication reasons we're looking for someone in a timezone encompassing Far East Asia, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, the USA, and Mexico. If you are not physically located in that area please do not apply - being "flexible" from another part of the world is not what we're looking for.
The role involves providing technical support of Asterisk based PBX platforms to our customer's technical staff, Linux system administration, and small dev-ops type development projects. It does not involve providing technical support to end users or the general public.
Customers are located around the world. You will generally be responding during your business hours, though sometimes out of hours work will be necessary. Once training is completed, the position will involve providing 24x7 on-call emergency cover in rotation with other staff.
1. Fluent command-line Linux ability on Ubuntu, Debian, CentOS, and/or RedHat.
2. Asterisk administration and configuration experience.
3. SIP debugging experience. For example, you should know what packets are typically involved in setting up a call.
4. Experience with administration and configuration of Apache or MySQL.
5. Ability to program at least one language, such as Perl, Shell script, C, Go, PHP, etc.
6. Good written and verbal English language ability.
7. Independant and critical thinking ability.
8. Have experience providing professional IT support to business.
9. Be an individual self-employed contractor.
1. Experience with Kamailio, NFS, GlusterFS, Puppet, or Zabbix.
3. HTML and CSS programming ability.
4. Advanced network knowledge (beyond basic Linux networking which is a must-have).
To apply for this role email me off-list. In your application:
1. List your experience/compatibility for each of the must-have requirements individually, plus any of the nice-to-have items you fit as well.
2. Provide your physical location, hours of availability, and indication of hourly rate.
3. Let us know what other work you have during business hours.
David Cunningham, Voisonics Limited
USA: +1 213 221 1092
New Zealand: +64 (0)28 2558 3782