Sponsor: VoiceMeUp - Corporate & Wholesale VoIP Services

VoIP Mailing List Archives
Mailing list archives for the VoIP community
 SearchSearch 

[Freeswitch-users] Trigger playback via network?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VoIP Mailing List Archives Forum Index -> freeSWITCH Users
View previous topic :: View next topic  
davidswalkabout at gma...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:03 pm    Post subject: [Freeswitch-users] Trigger playback via network? Reply with quote

I would like to trigger playback into a channel, and I'd like to do that using a networked request that indicates the filename. Is there a better way to do it than the following?

I'm considering using ESL (in inbound mode). I already have a large dialplan, and rather than reimplement all of it as ESL commands, I thought I could add the uuid_park application into the dialplan at the spot where the inbound channel(s) should be fully configured and active. There would be a separate server running an ESL client, and once it gets an ESL CHANNEL_ANSWER event it would be able to invoke playback until it receives a CHANNEL_DESTROY event.

I considered other programmatic ways of doing playback such as mod_python, but they don't address the networked requirement.

David
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VoIP Mailing List Archives Forum Index -> freeSWITCH Users All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: