Sponsor: VoiceMeUp - Corporate & Wholesale VoIP Services

VoIP Mailing List Archives
Mailing list archives for the VoIP community
 SearchSearch 

[Freeswitch-users] session_record post-processing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VoIP Mailing List Archives Forum Index -> freeSWITCH Users
View previous topic :: View next topic  
frank at impactfax.com

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:07 pm    Post subject: [Freeswitch-users] session_record post-processing Reply with quote

Quote:
Maybe I am going about this all wrong.  All I am trying to do is process a recording file of a session after either one of the legs hangs up and the call is over.  I am just trying to convert the wav to mp3 and email it off.  So I have a bash script to do this.  The dialplan is simple enought           <action application="set" data="RECORD_ANSWER_REQ=true"/>          <action application="set" data="RECORD_STEREO=true"/>          <action application="record_session" data="$${base_dir}/recordings/3329000_1.wav"/>          <action application="bridge" data="${enum_auto_route}"/>          <action application="hangup"/>

using FS svn 10960

But nothing I have tried seems to get it done. I have tried to use api_hangup_hook to call a lua script. But the wav file is not yet closed for some reason yet and I cannot seem to close it in the lua script. Basically I get the same problem if I use ‘system’ with the api_hangup_hook to call the bash script to process the recording.

I have tried to use the transfer application with the api_hangup_hook to allow me to stop_record_session and then a system call from another extension, but the transfer never happens on hangup.

Am I missing a simple way to do this? Is there something similar to the ‘h’ extension in asterisk maybe?
msc at freeswitch.org

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:55 am    Post subject: [Freeswitch-users] session_record post-processing Reply with quote

I wonder if putting a sleep statement in your shell script might help. If it's a timing issue then possibly the shell script is trying to access the file before FS and/or the OS are done with it. You would need to tinker with how long to sleep in order to find a value that works in all cases.

-MC

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 28, 2008, at 11:06 AM, "Frank @ Impact" <frank@impactfax.com (frank@impactfax.com)> wrote:

Quote:
Quote:
Maybe I am going about this all wrong.  All I am trying to do is process a recording file of a session after either one of the legs hangs up and the call is over.  I am just trying to convert the wav to mp3 and email it off.  So I have a bash script to do this.  The dialplan is simple enought           <action application="set" data="RECORD_ANSWER_REQ=true"/>          <action application="set" data="RECORD_STEREO=true"/>          <action application="record_session" data="$${base_dir}/recordings/3329000_1.wav"/>          <action application="bridge" data="${enum_auto_route}"/>          <action application="hangup"/>

using FS svn 10960

But nothing I have tried seems to get it done. I have tried to use api_hangup_hook to call a lua script. But the wav file is not yet closed for some reason yet and I cannot seem to close it in the lua script. Basically I get the same problem if I use ‘system’ with the api_hangup_hook to call the bash script to process the recording.

I have tried to use the transfer application with the api_hangup_hook to allow me to stop_record_session and then a system call from another extension, but the transfer never happens on hangup.

Am I missing a simple way to do this? Is there something similar to the ‘h’ extension in asterisk maybe?

UNSUBSCRIBE:http://lists.freeswitch.org/mailman/options/freeswitch-users
http://www.freeswitch.org

frank at impactfax.com

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:39 pm    Post subject: [Freeswitch-users] session_record post-processing Reply with quote

Yes. I had tried that. Put a sleep 15 in the shell script before I looked at the file. Same results however. FS just does not appear to be closing that record file on hangup.

-----Original Message-----
From: freeswitch-users-bounces@lists.freeswitch.org [mailto:freeswitch-users-bounces@lists.freeswitch.org] On Behalf Of Michael S Collins
Sent: Monday, December 29, 2008 10:51 AM
To: freeswitch-users@lists.freeswitch.org
Subject: Re: [Freeswitch-users] session_record post-processing

I wonder if putting a sleep statement in your shell script might help. If it's a timing issue then possibly the shell script is trying to access the file before FS and/or the OS are done with it. You would need to tinker with how long to sleep in order to find a value that works in all cases.

-MC
msc at freeswitch.org

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:00 pm    Post subject: [Freeswitch-users] session_record post-processing Reply with quote

Curious: what are your endpoints? Also, what codec(s), etc. are you using? I'm using PCMU with openzap endpoints and I don't get anything like this at all. I'd like to try and emulate what you've got more closely to see if I can reproduce the symptoms.

Thanks,
MC

On Mon, Dec 29, 2008 at 9:39 AM, Frank @ Impact <frank@impactfax.com (frank@impactfax.com)> wrote:
Quote:

Yes. I had tried that. Put a sleep 15 in the shell script before I looked at the file. Same results however. FS just does not appear to be closing that record file on hangup.

From: freeswitch-users-bounces@lists.freeswitch.org (freeswitch-users-bounces@lists.freeswitch.org) [mailto:freeswitch-users-bounces@lists.freeswitch.org (freeswitch-users-bounces@lists.freeswitch.org)] On Behalf Of Michael S Collins
Sent: Monday, December 29, 2008 10:51 AM
To: freeswitch-users@lists.freeswitch.org (freeswitch-users@lists.freeswitch.org)

-MC

UNSUBSCRIBE:http://lists.freeswitch.org/mailman/options/freeswitch-users
http://www.freeswitch.org

frank at impactfax.com

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:12 am    Post subject: [Freeswitch-users] session_record post-processing Reply with quote

The two endpoints are sip (asterisk) and ulaw.
Thanks.

From: freeswitch-users-bounces@lists.freeswitch.org [mailto:freeswitch-users-bounces@lists.freeswitch.org] On Behalf Of Michael Collins
Sent: Monday, December 29, 2008 2:56 PM
To: freeswitch-users@lists.freeswitch.org

Curious: what are your endpoints? Also, what codec(s), etc. are you using? I'm using PCMU with openzap endpoints and I don't get anything like this at all. I'd like to try and emulate what you've got more closely to see if I can reproduce the symptoms.

Thanks,
MC
mike at jerris.com

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:50 am    Post subject: [Freeswitch-users] session_record post-processing Reply with quote

Try svn revision 11002 or later, it should now remove the media bugs earlier on hangup state before the api_hangup_hook is run.

Mike

On Dec 30, 2008, at 10:12 AM, Frank @ Impact wrote:
Quote:
The two endpoints are sip (asterisk) and ulaw.
Thanks.

From: freeswitch-users-bounces@lists.freeswitch.org (freeswitch-users-bounces@lists.freeswitch.org) [mailto:freeswitch-users-bounces@lists.freeswitch.org (freeswitch-users-bounces@lists.freeswitch.org)] On Behalf Of Michael Collins
Sent: Monday, December 29, 2008 2:56 PM
To: freeswitch-users@lists.freeswitch.org (freeswitch-users@lists.freeswitch.org)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VoIP Mailing List Archives Forum Index -> freeSWITCH Users All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: