Sponsor: VoiceMeUp - Corporate & Wholesale VoIP Services

VoIP Mailing List Archives
Mailing list archives for the VoIP community
 SearchSearch 

[Callweaver-users] jitter buffer configs


 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VoIP Mailing List Archives Forum Index -> CallWeaver Users
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
clive18 at webmail.co.za
Guest





PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:15 am    Post subject: [Callweaver-users] jitter buffer configs Reply with quote

Hi

Please can someone give me some advise about how to configure the jitter buffer
in Callweaver.

I have calls comming in from the PSTN via a sangoma card which get sent out via
SIP and IAX .

example:
PSTN->Zaptel->CW->sip


Does one add the jitter buffer configs to the chan_dahdi.conf or to
sip.conf/iax.conf

jb-impl = adaptive
jb-enable = yes
jb-force = no

I tried with iax.conf and it does not seem to work. I tested with "iax2 show
netstats" but that does not give results as expected, it gives values of "-1"
for the jitter value.

Thanks in advance
Clive


____________________________________________________________
South Africas premier free email service - www.webmail.co.za

Save on insurance with OUTsurance
https://www.outsurance.co.za/insurance-quote/?source=webmailmailer&cr=jee11_468x60&cid=212


_______________________________________________
Callweaver-users mailing list
Callweaver-users@callweaver.org
http://lists.callweaver.org/mailman/listinfo/callweaver-users
Back to top
rob at mosais.com
Guest





PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:23 am    Post subject: [Callweaver-users] jitter buffer configs Reply with quote

Clive,

We use the following in sip.conf (we only run sip):

jb-enable = yes
jb-force = yes
jb-min-size = 60
jb-max-size = 100
jb-resynch-threshold = 1000\n");
jb-impl = fixed

Hope it helps
Rob

On 13/04/2011, at 8:14 PM, clive engelberg wrote:

Quote:
Hi

Please can someone give me some advise about how to configure the
jitter buffer
in Callweaver.

I have calls comming in from the PSTN via a sangoma card which get
sent out via
SIP and IAX .

example:
PSTN->Zaptel->CW->sip


Does one add the jitter buffer configs to the chan_dahdi.conf or to
sip.conf/iax.conf

jb-impl = adaptive
jb-enable = yes
jb-force = no

I tried with iax.conf and it does not seem to work. I tested with
"iax2 show
netstats" but that does not give results as expected, it gives
values of "-1"
for the jitter value.

Thanks in advance
Clive


____________________________________________________________
South Africas premier free email service - www.webmail.co.za

Save on insurance with OUTsurance
https://www.outsurance.co.za/insurance-quote/?source=webmailmailer&cr=jee11_468x60&cid=212


_______________________________________________
Callweaver-users mailing list
Callweaver-users@callweaver.org
http://lists.callweaver.org/mailman/listinfo/callweaver-users

_______________________________________________
Callweaver-users mailing list
Callweaver-users@callweaver.org
http://lists.callweaver.org/mailman/listinfo/callweaver-users
Back to top
clive18 at webmail.co.za
Guest





PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:43 pm    Post subject: [Callweaver-users] jitter buffer configs Reply with quote

Rob, hi

Thanks for the email.
Is there a way you can measure the SIP jitter bufferring statistics, or do you
go by perceptual voice quality?

I suspect that this jitter buffer may be working for iax as well, although
"iax2 show netstats" does not give out any jitter info as expected (as it works
in asterisk 1.2)

Thanks for your help.
regards
Clive


On Wed, 13 Apr 2011 20:22:17 +1000 Rob Gillan <rob@mosais.com> wrote

Quote:
Clive,

We use the following in sip.conf (we only run sip):

jb-enable = yes
jb-force = yes
jb-min-size = 60
jb-max-size = 100
jb-resynch-threshold = 1000\n");
jb-impl = fixed

Hope it helps
Rob

On 13/04/2011, at 8:14 PM, clive engelberg wrote:

Quote:
Hi

Please can someone give me some advise about how to configure the
jitter buffer
in Callweaver.

I have calls comming in from the PSTN via a sangoma card which get
sent out via
SIP and IAX .

example:
PSTN->Zaptel->CW->sip


Does one add the jitter buffer configs to the chan_dahdi.conf or to
sip.conf/iax.conf

jb-impl = adaptive
jb-enable = yes
jb-force = no

I tried with iax.conf and it does not seem to work. I tested with
"iax2 show
netstats" but that does not give results as expected, it gives
values of "-1"
for the jitter value.

Thanks in advance
Clive


____________________________________________________________
South Africas premier free email service - www.webmail.co.za

Save on insurance with OUTsurance


https://www.outsurance.co.za/insurance-quote/?source=webmailmailer&cr=jee11_4
Quote:
Quote:
68x60&cid=212


_______________________________________________
Callweaver-users mailing list
Callweaver-users@callweaver.org
http://lists.callweaver.org/mailman/listinfo/callweaver-users

_______________________________________________
Callweaver-users mailing list
Callweaver-users@callweaver.org
http://lists.callweaver.org/mailman/listinfo/callweaver-users



____________________________________________________________
South Africas premier free email service - www.webmail.co.za

For super low premiums, click here http://www.dialdirect.co.za/?vdn=15828


_______________________________________________
Callweaver-users mailing list
Callweaver-users@callweaver.org
http://lists.callweaver.org/mailman/listinfo/callweaver-users
Back to top
rob at mosais.com
Guest





PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:11 am    Post subject: [Callweaver-users] jitter buffer configs Reply with quote

Clive,

Don't believe so, we've traditionally gone with perceptable voice
quality or router provided QoS stats for our callweaver based
application (which is in maintenance only these days).

Cheers
/r

On 14/04/2011, at 6:42 AM, clive engelberg wrote:

Quote:
Rob, hi

Thanks for the email.
Is there a way you can measure the SIP jitter bufferring statistics,
or do you
go by perceptual voice quality?

I suspect that this jitter buffer may be working for iax as well,
although
"iax2 show netstats" does not give out any jitter info as expected
(as it works
in asterisk 1.2)

Thanks for your help.
regards
Clive


On Wed, 13 Apr 2011 20:22:17 +1000 Rob Gillan <rob@mosais.com> wrote

Quote:
Clive,

We use the following in sip.conf (we only run sip):

jb-enable = yes
jb-force = yes
jb-min-size = 60
jb-max-size = 100
jb-resynch-threshold = 1000\n");
jb-impl = fixed

Hope it helps
Rob

On 13/04/2011, at 8:14 PM, clive engelberg wrote:

Quote:
Hi

Please can someone give me some advise about how to configure the
jitter buffer
in Callweaver.

I have calls comming in from the PSTN via a sangoma card which get
sent out via
SIP and IAX .

example:
PSTN->Zaptel->CW->sip


Does one add the jitter buffer configs to the chan_dahdi.conf or to
sip.conf/iax.conf

jb-impl = adaptive
jb-enable = yes
jb-force = no

I tried with iax.conf and it does not seem to work. I tested with
"iax2 show
netstats" but that does not give results as expected, it gives
values of "-1"
for the jitter value.

Thanks in advance
Clive


____________________________________________________________
South Africas premier free email service - www.webmail.co.za

Save on insurance with OUTsurance


https://www.outsurance.co.za/insurance-quote/?source=webmailmailer&cr=jee11_4
Quote:
Quote:
68x60&cid=212


_______________________________________________
Callweaver-users mailing list
Callweaver-users@callweaver.org
http://lists.callweaver.org/mailman/listinfo/callweaver-users

_______________________________________________
Callweaver-users mailing list
Callweaver-users@callweaver.org
http://lists.callweaver.org/mailman/listinfo/callweaver-users



____________________________________________________________
South Africas premier free email service - www.webmail.co.za

For super low premiums, click here http://www.dialdirect.co.za/?vdn=15828


_______________________________________________
Callweaver-users mailing list
Callweaver-users@callweaver.org
http://lists.callweaver.org/mailman/listinfo/callweaver-users

_______________________________________________
Callweaver-users mailing list
Callweaver-users@callweaver.org
http://lists.callweaver.org/mailman/listinfo/callweaver-users
Back to top
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VoIP Mailing List Archives Forum Index -> CallWeaver Users All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

VoiceMeUp - Corporate & Wholesale VoIP Services