Sponsor: VoiceMeUp - Corporate & Wholesale VoIP Services

VoIP Mailing List Archives
Mailing list archives for the VoIP community
 SearchSearch 

[Freeswitch-users] anybody done nuance mrcp?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VoIP Mailing List Archives Forum Index -> freeSWITCH Users
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shlomi at fst21.com

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:58 am    Post subject: [Freeswitch-users] anybody done nuance mrcp? Reply with quote

Does anybody know how to get some softphone (xlite) to talk to nuance and get the text out?

Best Regards,
Shlomi.
brian at freeswitch.org

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:03 am    Post subject: [Freeswitch-users] anybody done nuance mrcp? Reply with quote

mod_openmrcp was tested with Nuance along the way. But you'll need to understand the speech interfaces in FreeSWITCH to use it effectively.

/b

On Aug 26, 2008, at 9:46 AM, Shlomi Hazan wrote:
Quote:
Does anybody know how to get some softphone (xlite) to talk to nuance and get the text out?

Best Regards,
Shlomi.

Brian West
[url=sip:brian@freeswitch.org]sip:brian@freeswitch.org[/url]
shlomi at fst21.com

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:23 am    Post subject: [Freeswitch-users] anybody done nuance mrcp? Reply with quote

Can you instruct me / point me to instructions on how to use xlite or alike to talk into Nuance ASR via MRCP and see the spoken words on the console?
I don’t care about efficiency for the moment, I just want to evaluate Nuance.
BTW
What do you think of their ASR? Other ASRs?

From: freeswitch-users-bounces@lists.freeswitch.org [mailto:freeswitch-users-bounces@lists.freeswitch.org] On Behalf Of Brian West
Sent: Tuesday, August 26, 2008 6:01 PM
To: freeswitch-users@lists.freeswitch.org
Subject: Re: [Freeswitch-users] anybody done nuance mrcp?

mod_openmrcp was tested with Nuance along the way. But you'll need to understand the speech interfaces in FreeSWITCH to use it effectively.

/b

Best Regards,

Shlomi.

Brian West

uv at talknet.com.au

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:58 am    Post subject: [Freeswitch-users] anybody done nuance mrcp? Reply with quote

I haven’t tried Nuance MRCP interface but I have lot’s of experience evaluating the Nuance technology.
Today, Nuance considered being the state-of-the-art in this field and they’re OEM’ing it to most tier-1 vendors, most notably: Microsoft and Genesis/Alcatel/Lucent. Most likely any ASR application you’ll encounter from a top-tier carrier today is based on Nuance.
I’m particularly familiar with Nuance NLP product and their extensive VXML interface and found it to be most efficient.

I’ve tested better hardware-based DSP speech verification/authentication engines but it was quite cumbersome to integrate with as opposed to Nuance ease of use.

The CMU sphinx and it’s realtime mini-version pocketsphinx are a great initiative and hopefully, as a university backed open source project, it will exceed Nuance strength and usability soon enough.

My 2c worth.

Cheers,
Yuval Hertzog

From: freeswitch-users-bounces@lists.freeswitch.org [mailto:freeswitch-users-bounces@lists.freeswitch.org] On Behalf Of Shlomi Hazan
Sent: Wednesday, August 27, 2008 1:18 AM

Can you instruct me / point me to instructions on how to use xlite or alike to talk into Nuance ASR via MRCP and see the spoken words on the console?
BTW

From: freeswitch-users-bounces@lists.freeswitch.org [mailto:freeswitch-users-bounces@lists.freeswitch.org] On Behalf Of Brian West

/b

Best Regards,

Shlomi.

Brian West

brian at freeswitch.org

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:06 pm    Post subject: [Freeswitch-users] anybody done nuance mrcp? Reply with quote

Which mod_pocketsphinx works in FS already and has the Pizza Demo for it on the wiki.

/b

On Aug 26, 2008, at 11:57 AM, UV wrote:
Quote:
The CMU sphinx and it’s realtime mini-version pocketsphinx are a great initiative and hopefully, as a university backed open source project, it will exceed Nuance strength and usability soon enough

Brian West
edpimentl at gmail.com

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:13 pm    Post subject: [Freeswitch-users] anybody done nuance mrcp? Reply with quote

I hope you have also lots of experience in providing co$t effective solutions, since their pricing is very high.
-E
brian at freeswitch.org

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:18 pm    Post subject: [Freeswitch-users] anybody done nuance mrcp? Reply with quote

I really really wanna con^H^H^Htalk someone into doing an Open Source
Speech Server, using Flite and PocketSphinx over MRCP Wink

/b

On Aug 26, 2008, at 2:10 PM, EdPimentl wrote:

Quote:
I hope you have also lots of experience in providing co$t effective
solutions, since their pricing is very high.
-E

Brian West
sip:brian@freeswitch.org

UNSUBSCRIBE:http://lists.freeswitch.org/mailman/options/freeswitch-users
http://www.freeswitch.org
shlomi at fst21.com

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:13 am    Post subject: [Freeswitch-users] anybody done nuance mrcp? Reply with quote

Hi Yuval,

Thank you very much!
What Nuance engine do you use? ASR? SV? Both?
The thing is, I am looking for affordable ASR and SV engines and I do not like Nuance approach… They behave as what they are: a monopoly.
This is opposed to Tier-1 which can pay and want the best. My application is little and pretty simple.
Regarding MRCP, I find it important even though I can always do the honors myself…
Did you try others as well?

Shlomi

From: freeswitch-users-bounces@lists.freeswitch.org [mailto:freeswitch-users-bounces@lists.freeswitch.org] On Behalf Of UV
Sent: Tuesday, August 26, 2008 7:57 PM

I haven’t tried Nuance MRCP interface but I have lot’s of experience evaluating the Nuance technology.
Today, Nuance considered being the state-of-the-art in this field and they’re OEM’ing it to most tier-1 vendors, most notably: Microsoft and Genesis/Alcatel/Lucent. Most likely any ASR application you’ll encounter from a top-tier carrier today is based on Nuance.
I’m particularly familiar with Nuance NLP product and their extensive VXML interface and found it to be most efficient.

I’ve tested better hardware-based DSP speech verification/authentication engines but it was quite cumbersome to integrate with as opposed to Nuance ease of use.

The CMU sphinx and it’s realtime mini-version pocketsphinx are a great initiative and hopefully, as a university backed open source project, it will exceed Nuance strength and usability soon enough.

My 2c worth.

Cheers,
Yuval Hertzog

From: freeswitch-users-bounces@lists.freeswitch.org [mailto:freeswitch-users-bounces@lists.freeswitch.org] On Behalf Of Shlomi Hazan
Sent: Wednesday, August 27, 2008 1:18 AM

BTW

/b

Best Regards,

Shlomi.

Brian West

No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com
Version: 8.0.138 / Virus Database: 270.6.9/1634 - Release Date: 25/08/2008 20:48
shlomi at fst21.com

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:20 am    Post subject: [Freeswitch-users] anybody done nuance mrcp? Reply with quote

How high is high? Numbers?

From: freeswitch-users-bounces@lists.freeswitch.org [mailto:freeswitch-users-bounces@lists.freeswitch.org] On Behalf Of EdPimentl
Sent: Tuesday, August 26, 2008 10:11 PM

I hope you have also lots of experience in providing co$t effective solutions, since their pricing is very high.
-E
uv at talknet.com.au

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:06 am    Post subject: [Freeswitch-users] anybody done nuance mrcp? Reply with quote

I think I’ve heard the figure of EU3000 per port few years back.

Sent: Wednesday, August 27, 2008 5:15 PM

How high is high? Numbers?

From: freeswitch-users-bounces@lists.freeswitch.org [mailto:freeswitch-users-bounces@lists.freeswitch.org] On Behalf Of EdPimentl
Sent: Tuesday, August 26, 2008 10:11 PM

-E
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VoIP Mailing List Archives Forum Index -> freeSWITCH Users All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: