Sponsor: VoiceMeUp - Corporate & Wholesale VoIP Services

VoIP Mailing List Archives
Mailing list archives for the VoIP community
 SearchSearch 

[Freeswitch-users] Placing call to remote extension

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VoIP Mailing List Archives Forum Index -> freeSWITCH Users
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gab.tai at xtra.co.nz

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:19 pm    Post subject: [Freeswitch-users] Placing call to remote extension Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

I am Gab and just joined the group. Also, I am new to FS but want to learn and delve into the dept as fast as possible. I have one last mile question and was hoping I could pick from someone's wealth of knowledge and understanding of the platform.

I have setup FS with 5 extensions as follows:
  1. 1 extension [UA(a)] locally registered on the same network NET(a) as the realm of the FS(a)
  2. 2 extensions [UA(b1) & UA(b2) ] remotely registered to FS(a) from subnet B
  3. 2 extensions [UA(c1) & UA(c2) ] remotely registered to FS(a) from subnet C
  4. I am not using any provider
Current situation
  • All remote extensions can call UA(a) and transfer media (voice)
  • UA(a) cannot call remote extensions. Error message "Sofia cannot open channel,; user not registered". But, please note that the user is actually registered.
  • Remote extensions UA(b1) cannot call UA(b2) and cannot call UA(c1) nor UA(c2)
  • Remote extensions UA(c1) cannot call UA(c2) and cannot call UA(b1) nor UA(b2)

Need
  • How do I place call to remote extensions from local extensions?
  • How do I bridge media between 2 remote extensions, registered to FS(a) from same network or different network?
I hope this is not too much for a starter but would greatly appreciate any thoughts and/or guidance.

Sincere regards to all.
Gab
msc at freeswitch.org

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:41 pm    Post subject: [Freeswitch-users] Placing call to remote extension Reply with quote

Hi Gab!

Welcome to FreeSWITCH. Thanks for your questions. I'm trying to learn all of this stuff and help others so bear with me while I research these and help you find the answers.

BTW, are you on IRC? you can visit us for realtime help, #freeswitch on irc.freenode.net
-MC (mercutioviz on irc)

On Wed, Dec 3, 2008 at 9:43 AM, Gab Tai <gab.tai@xtra.co.nz (gab.tai@xtra.co.nz)> wrote:
Quote:

Hi everyone,

I am Gab and just joined the group. Also, I am new to FS but want to learn and delve into the dept as fast as possible. I have one last mile question and was hoping I could pick from someone's wealth of knowledge and understanding of the platform.

I have setup FS with 5 extensions as follows:
  1. 1 extension [UA(a)] locally registered on the same network NET(a) as the realm of the FS(a)
  2. 2 extensions [UA(b1) & UA(b2) ] remotely registered to FS(a) from subnet B
  3. 2 extensions [UA(c1) & UA(c2) ] remotely registered to FS(a) from subnet C
  4. I am not using any provider
Current situation
  • All remote extensions can call UA(a) and transfer media (voice)
  • UA(a) cannot call remote extensions. Error message "Sofia cannot open channel,; user not registered". But, please note that the user is actually registered.
  • Remote extensions UA(b1) cannot call UA(b2) and cannot call UA(c1) nor UA(c2)
  • Remote extensions UA(c1) cannot call UA(c2) and cannot call UA(b1) nor UA(b2)

Need
  • How do I place call to remote extensions from local extensions?
  • How do I bridge media between 2 remote extensions, registered to FS(a) from same network or different network?
I hope this is not too much for a starter but would greatly appreciate any thoughts and/or guidance.

Sincere regards to all.
Gab

UNSUBSCRIBE:http://lists.freeswitch.org/mailman/options/freeswitch-users
http://www.freeswitch.org

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VoIP Mailing List Archives Forum Index -> freeSWITCH Users All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: