Sponsor: VoiceMeUp - Corporate & Wholesale VoIP Services

VoIP Mailing List Archives
Mailing list archives for the VoIP community
 SearchSearch 

[Callweaver-users] hylafax -> iaxmodem -> callweaver

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VoIP Mailing List Archives Forum Index -> CallWeaver Users
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Peter at morrisint.com.au

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:05 pm    Post subject: [Callweaver-users] hylafax -> iaxmodem -> callweaver Reply with quote

Ok,

I've made some progress. I can successfully fax using T.38 over SIP using a manual spool file.

Next I need to be able let Hylafax send faxes out.

I have IAXMODEM installed, Hylafax running, and talking to IAXMODEM. IAXMODEM is talking to Callweaver. So far so good.

The problem is that I can not work out how to make the iaxmodem session with callweaver use the faxout context.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

This communication including any email attachments is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any use, disclosure or action taken in reliance on this email is unauthorized and strictly prohibited. If you have received the email in error please reply to the sender and destroy all copies. The sender does not warrant that this email is free from viruses and other defects. By opening this email you accept responsibility for all damages whether direct or indirect and agree that the sender’s liability, if any, is limited to the re-supply of the email. The views expressed herein are those of the individual and not the organization unless expressly stated otherwise.
tnelson at fudnet.net

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:23 pm    Post subject: [Callweaver-users] hylafax -> iaxmodem -> callweaver Reply with quote

Peter Verhoeven wrote:
Quote:
Ok,

I've made some progress. I can successfully fax using T.38 over SIP
using a manual spool file.

I have IAXMODEM installed, Hylafax running, and talking to IAXMODEM.
IAXMODEM is talking to Callweaver. So far so good.

The problem is that I can not work out how to make the iaxmodem
session with callweaver use the faxout context.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Update the context for your IAXmodem to use the proper context. This
will be in iax.conf.

--Tim

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:12 pm    Post subject: [Callweaver-users] hylafax -> iaxmodem -> callweaver Reply with quote

Thanks, I have tried to set the context in iax.conf as follows:

[general]
bindport=4569 ; bindport and bindaddr may be specified
bindaddr=0.0.0.0
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
allow=alaw

[iaxmodem]
type=friend
secret=password
bindport=4570
host=dynamic
context=faxout ; also tried "outgoing"
disallow=all
allow=alaw

And in extensions.conf I have:

[faxout]
exten => s,1,Set(LOCALSTATIONID=CallWeaver FAX)
exten => s,n,Set(LOCALHEADERINFO=Callweaver fax termination)
exten => s,n,Set(FAXFILE=/tmp/${UNIQUEID}.tif)
exten => s,n,Set(SIP_CODEC=alaw)
exten => s,n,SipDTMFMode(inband)
exten => s,n,TxFAX(${FAXFILE},caller,debug,ecm)
exten => s,n,Hangup()
exten => h,1,NoOp(TX: REMOTESTATIONID is ${REMOTESTATIONID})
exten => h,n,NoOp(TX: FAXPAGES is ${FAXPAGES})
exten => h,n,NoOp(TX: FAXRESOLUTION is ${FAXRESOLUTION})
exten => h,n,NoOp(TX: FAXBITRATE is ${FAXBITRATE})
exten => h,n,NoOp(TX: PHASEESTATUS is ${PHASEESTATUS})
exten => h,n,NoOp(TX: PHASEESTRING is ${PHASEESTRING})

[outgoing]
exten => _X.,1,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN}@wdp)

With using the "faxout" context it tries to look for the faxnumber I'm sending to as an extension which it can't find and fails.
With the "outgoing" context it makes a call but it drops audio packets and fails. It appears to not even be treating it as a fax, nor T.38.

I somehow need it to use the "faxout" context, like the spoolfile test does.

-----Original Message-----
From: callweaver-users-bounces@callweaver.org [mailto:callweaver-users-bounces@callweaver.org] On Behalf Of Tim Nelson
Sent: Tuesday, November 17, 2009 12:23 PM
To: Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
Subject: Re: [Callweaver-users] hylafax -> iaxmodem -> callweaver

Peter Verhoeven wrote:
Quote:
Ok,

I've made some progress. I can successfully fax using T.38 over SIP
using a manual spool file.

I have IAXMODEM installed, Hylafax running, and talking to IAXMODEM.
IAXMODEM is talking to Callweaver. So far so good.

The problem is that I can not work out how to make the iaxmodem
session with callweaver use the faxout context.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Update the context for your IAXmodem to use the proper context. This will be in iax.conf.

--Tim

This communication including any email attachments is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any use, disclosure or action taken in reliance on this email is unauthorized and strictly prohibited. If you have received the email in error please reply to the sender and destroy all copies. The sender does not warrant that this email is free from viruses and other defects. By opening this email you accept responsibility for all damages whether direct or indirect and agree that the sender's liability, if any, is limited to the re-supply of the email. The views expressed herein are those of the individual and not the organization unless expressly stated otherwise.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:08 pm    Post subject: [Callweaver-users] hylafax -> iaxmodem -> callweaver Reply with quote

Has anyone ever actually managed to successfully send fax out from Hylafax -> IAXModem -> Callweaver -> T.38/SIP -> PSTN?

The "Callweaver -> T.38/SIP -> PSTN" part works great for me, but is useless unless I can "manage" the outgoing faxes, i.e. submit jobs to a queue have automatic retries etc. e.g. what Hylafax offers.

Any/all suggestions welcome!

From: callweaver-users-bounces@callweaver.org [mailto:callweaver-users-bounces@callweaver.org] On Behalf Of Peter Verhoeven
Sent: Tuesday, November 17, 2009 9:40 AM
To: 'Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion'
Subject: [Callweaver-users] hylafax -> iaxmodem -> callweaver

Ok,

I've made some progress. I can successfully fax using T.38 over SIP using a manual spool file.

I have IAXMODEM installed, Hylafax running, and talking to IAXMODEM. IAXMODEM is talking to Callweaver. So far so good.

The problem is that I can not work out how to make the iaxmodem session with callweaver use the faxout context.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

This communication including any email attachments is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any use, disclosure or action taken in reliance on this email is unauthorized and strictly prohibited. If you have received the email in error please reply to the sender and destroy all copies. The sender does not warrant that this email is free from viruses and other defects. By opening this email you accept responsibility for all damages whether direct or indirect and agree that the sender’s liability, if any, is limited to the re-supply of the email. The views expressed herein are those of the individual and not the organization unless expressly stated otherwise.

tnelson at fudnet.net

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:53 pm    Post subject: [Callweaver-users] hylafax -> iaxmodem -> callweaver Reply with quote

Peter Verhoeven wrote:
Quote:

[general]
bindaddr=0.0.0.0
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
allow=alaw

[iaxmodem]
type=friend
secret=password
bindport=4570
host=dynamic
disallow=all
allow=alaw

[faxout]
exten => s,1,Set(LOCALSTATIONID=CallWeaver FAX)
exten => s,n,Set(LOCALHEADERINFO=Callweaver fax termination)
exten => s,n,Set(FAXFILE=/tmp/${UNIQUEID}.tif)
exten => s,n,Hangup()
exten => h,1,NoOp(TX: REMOTESTATIONID is ${REMOTESTATIONID})
exten => h,n,NoOp(TX: FAXPAGES is ${FAXPAGES})
exten => h,n,NoOp(TX: FAXRESOLUTION is ${FAXRESOLUTION})
exten => h,n,NoOp(TX: FAXBITRATE is ${FAXBITRATE})
exten => h,n,NoOp(TX: PHASEESTATUS is ${PHASEESTATUS})
exten => h,n,NoOp(TX: PHASEESTRING is ${PHASEESTRING})

[outgoing]

With using the "faxout" context it tries to look for the faxnumber I'm sending to as an extension which it can't find and fails.
With the "outgoing" context it makes a call but it drops audio packets and fails. It appears to not even be treating it as a fax, nor T.38.

[faxout] is setup to send a fax that is present in /tmp. [outgoing] is
dialing as expected. Update [outgoing] to this:

|[outgoing]
exten => _X.,1,Wait(1)
exten => _X.,n,SipT38SwitchOver()
exten => _X.,n,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN}@wdp)
|

This may or may not work. And, keep in mind, I'm not entirely sure if
Callweaver can do channel conversion from SIP/T.38 to IAX/aLaw. I'd done
some testing of this a few months ago and I recall the fax/channel
failing completely or T.38 simply not switching. I certainly hope this
has changed in recent months. Smile

--Tim

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:05 pm    Post subject: [Callweaver-users] hylafax -> iaxmodem -> callweaver Reply with quote

Thanks Tim - it gives a warning that SipT38SwitchOver can only be used on SIP channels, and then fails with the "exceptionally long queue" errors.

So looks I'll need to write some inhouse software that creates the manual spool files and copies them to the outgoing directory and let CallWeaver do the rest.

Basically noone in the world has a software based T.38 outgoing fax server is my conclusion. Really weird given how long this technology has been around and how unreliable any other form of ip based faxing is!

Cheers,
Pete

From: callweaver-users-bounces@callweaver.org [mailto:callweaver-users-bounces@callweaver.org] On Behalf Of Tim Nelson
Sent: Wednesday, November 18, 2009 11:53 AM

Peter Verhoeven wrote:
Quote:

[general]
bindaddr=0.0.0.0
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
allow=alaw

[iaxmodem]
type=friend
secret=password
bindport=4570
host=dynamic
disallow=all
allow=alaw

[faxout]
exten => s,1,Set(LOCALSTATIONID=CallWeaver FAX) exten =>
s,n,Set(LOCALHEADERINFO=Callweaver fax termination) exten =>
s,n,Set(FAXFILE=/tmp/${UNIQUEID}.tif)
exten => s,n,Hangup()
exten => h,1,NoOp(TX: REMOTESTATIONID is ${REMOTESTATIONID}) exten =>
h,n,NoOp(TX: FAXPAGES is ${FAXPAGES}) exten => h,n,NoOp(TX:
FAXRESOLUTION is ${FAXRESOLUTION}) exten => h,n,NoOp(TX: FAXBITRATE
is ${FAXBITRATE}) exten => h,n,NoOp(TX: PHASEESTATUS is
${PHASEESTATUS}) exten => h,n,NoOp(TX: PHASEESTRING is
${PHASEESTRING})

[outgoing]

[faxout] is setup to send a fax that is present in /tmp. [outgoing] is dialing as expected. Update [outgoing] to this:

|[outgoing]
exten => _X.,1,Wait(1)
exten => _X.,n,SipT38SwitchOver()
exten => _X.,n,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN}@wdp)
|

This may or may not work. And, keep in mind, I'm not entirely sure if Callweaver can do channel conversion from SIP/T.38 to IAX/aLaw. I'd done some testing of this a few months ago and I recall the fax/channel failing completely or T.38 simply not switching. I certainly hope this has changed in recent months. Smile

--Tim

This communication including any email attachments is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any use, disclosure or action taken in reliance on this email is unauthorized and strictly prohibited. If you have received the email in error please reply to the sender and destroy all copies. The sender does not warrant that this email is free from viruses and other defects. By opening this email you accept responsibility for all damages whether direct or indirect and agree that the sender's liability, if any, is limited to the re-supply of the email. The views expressed herein are those of the individual and not the organization unless expressly stated otherwise.
tnelson at fudnet.net

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:37 am    Post subject: [Callweaver-users] hylafax -> iaxmodem -> callweaver Reply with quote

That sounds about right... I think that was the error message I was receiving as well.

I've been attempting to get T.38 working with IAXmodem/Hylafax/{Asterisk|Callweaver} for some time now. My eventual route has been to do SIP/T.38 to a Cisco gateway (1760 w/ DSPs) that pushes the calls to an onboard PRI port(VWIC). This PRI port is connected to my {Asterisk|Callweaver} system's PRI card which is in turn routed through to the IAXmodems. Simple right? Smile It's a bit more complicated but it gets the job done.

--Tim

----- Original Message -----
To: "Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion" <callweaver-users@callweaver.org>
Sent: Tuesday, November 17, 2009 8:04:52 PM

Thanks Tim - it gives a warning that SipT38SwitchOver can only be used on SIP channels, and then fails with the "exceptionally long queue" errors.

So looks I'll need to write some inhouse software that creates the manual spool files and copies them to the outgoing directory and let CallWeaver do the rest.

Basically noone in the world has a software based T.38 outgoing fax server is my conclusion. Really weird given how long this technology has been around and how unreliable any other form of ip based faxing is!

Cheers,
Pete

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:26 pm    Post subject: [Callweaver-users] hylafax -> iaxmodem -> callweaver Reply with quote

So is that's an inbound or outbound solution you described there?

I think I'm going to try t38modem again. Last time I attempted this I could not get OPAL to compile.

Would t38modem negate the need for Callweaver altogether? (in a send only environment I mean).

Cheers,
Pete

Sent: Thursday, November 19, 2009 1:30 AM

That sounds about right... I think that was the error message I was receiving as well.

I've been attempting to get T.38 working with IAXmodem/Hylafax/{Asterisk|Callweaver} for some time now. My eventual route has been to do SIP/T.38 to a Cisco gateway (1760 w/ DSPs) that pushes the calls to an onboard PRI port(VWIC). This PRI port is connected to my {Asterisk|Callweaver} system's PRI card which is in turn routed through to the IAXmodems. Simple right? Smile It's a bit more complicated but it gets the job done.

--Tim

To: "Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion" <callweaver-users@callweaver.org>

Cheers,
Pete

tnelson at fudnet.net

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:08 pm    Post subject: [Callweaver-users] hylafax -> iaxmodem -> callweaver Reply with quote

That solution works for both inbound and outbound although it's used
primarily for inbound on my network. I use PRI T1s for the bulk of my
outbound traffic.

I've been down the t38modem road and I've ended up with the same results
you have. OPAL never compiles and that's where I'm stuck. Please let me
know if you find a way around this. Smile I'd be very interested to retest
it again. I've tried building on Debian 4.x/5.x as well as CentOS 5.x.

To use t38modem, you'd still need some sort of softswitch that
'understands' the T.38 format. This would include Callweaver and
Asterisk 1.6.x.

--Tim

Peter Verhoeven wrote:
Quote:
So is that's an inbound or outbound solution you described there?

I think I'm going to try t38modem again. Last time I attempted this I could not get OPAL to compile.

Would t38modem negate the need for Callweaver altogether? (in a send only environment I mean).

Cheers,
Pete

Sent: Thursday, November 19, 2009 1:30 AM

--Tim

Cheers,
Pete

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VoIP Mailing List Archives Forum Index -> CallWeaver Users All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: