Sponsor: VoiceMeUp - Corporate & Wholesale VoIP Services

VoIP Mailing List Archives
Mailing list archives for the VoIP community
 SearchSearch 

[Freeswitch-users] Configuring different codecs for internal

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VoIP Mailing List Archives Forum Index -> freeSWITCH Users
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mkarp at securesilence...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:23 pm    Post subject: [Freeswitch-users] Configuring different codecs for internal Reply with quote

Hello,

How would I configure global_codec_prefs and outbound_codec_prefs for the following:

All calls between freeswitch extensions GSM.

All calls going out from an extension on Freeswitch using GSM (between the endpoint and freeswitch) and then out to a SIP gateway using PCMA or PCMU.

Calls coming in from another SIP gateway to freeswitch using PCMU or PCMA and then transcoded to a local extension using GSM.

Is this it?

<X-PRE-PROCESS cmd="set" data="global_codec_prefs=GSM"/>
<X-PRE-PROCESS cmd="set" data="outbound_codec_prefs=PCMU,PCMA"/>

Thanks,

Maxim.
brian at freeswitch.org

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:36 pm    Post subject: [Freeswitch-users] Configuring different codecs for internal Reply with quote

Does it do what you expect?

/b

On Nov 29, 2008, at 7:19 PM, Maxim Karp wrote:
Quote:
Is this it?

mkarp at securesilence...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:22 pm    Post subject: [Freeswitch-users] Configuring different codecs for internal Reply with quote

Hi Brian,

No it does not do what I expect.

When I make outgoing calls from a Freeswitch extension (using GSM) and then out to a gateway using PCMU everything works fine.

When I receive calls from the same gateway, the end point behind the gateway can’t hear me.

The GSM-PSMU (and viceversa) transcoding for outgoing from an endpoint associated with a Freeswitch extension to the external gateway is perfect but incoming there seems to be an issue.

Any ideas?

Maxim.

From: freeswitch-users-bounces@lists.freeswitch.org [mailto:freeswitch-users-bounces@lists.freeswitch.org] On Behalf Of Brian West
Sent: November-29-08 5:34 PM
To: freeswitch-users@lists.freeswitch.org
Subject: Re: [Freeswitch-users] Configuring different codecs for internal and external calls.

Does it do what you expect?

/b

On Nov 29, 2008, at 7:19 PM, Maxim Karp wrote:

Is this it?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VoIP Mailing List Archives Forum Index -> freeSWITCH Users All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: