Sponsor: VoiceMeUp - Corporate & Wholesale VoIP Services

VoIP Mailing List Archives
Mailing list archives for the VoIP community
 SearchSearch 

[Freeswitch-users] Project "Commercial PBX using FreeSW

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VoIP Mailing List Archives Forum Index -> freeSWITCH Users
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jbr at consiglia.dk

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:45 pm    Post subject: [Freeswitch-users] Project "Commercial PBX using FreeSW Reply with quote

I have a dream, said M. L. King.
And so do I: To create a commercial alternative to Avaya, Cisco BroadSoft and others based on open source components.
At this stage, I’m investigating different possibilities including the FreeSWITCH platform before a prospect is with the aim of raising 2-5 mio. USD for the initial steps to create ready-to-go-IP-PBX-package for big enterprises and telcos.
I have a number of questions regarding the possibilities of the FreeSWITCH, and I have chosen to use this community to share the questions.
Question 2:
What are the possibilities to establish carrier grade system using the FreeSWITCH?
In practice this requirement will need a setup, where there is a redundant server, which takes over, if the prime server fails, including all the management software which reacts correctly on failure signals from the prime server!

Thanks
Jon

Consiglia Telecommunications
Hulsøvang 16
2960 Rungsted Kyst
45 16 1000
CVR: 27 04 78 82
www.consiglia.dk
jbr at consiglia.dk

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:47 pm    Post subject: [Freeswitch-users] Project "Commercial PBX using FreeSW Reply with quote

And so do I: To create a commercial alternative to Avaya, Cisco BroadSoft and others based on open source components.
At this stage, I’m investigating different possibilities including the FreeSWITCH platform before a prospect is with the aim of raising 2-5 mio. USD for the initial steps to create ready-to-go-IP-PBX-package for big enterprises and telcos.
I have a number of questions regarding the possibilities of the FreeSWITCH, and I have chosen to use this community to share the questions.
Question 3:
My experience with Asterisk has proven that the ability to monitor DTMF after calls have been bridges is very useful. With this facility you can transfer a call by pressing DTMF # or another predefined digit from any type of phone.
Is this possible with FreeSWITCH? And how?
Further if it is possible, what is the cost in terms of CPU?

Thanks
Jon

Consiglia Telecommunications
Hulsøvang 16
2960 Rungsted Kyst
Denmark
45 16 1000
www.consiglia.dk
jbr at consiglia.dk

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:48 pm    Post subject: [Freeswitch-users] Project "Commercial PBX using FreeSW Reply with quote

Question 1:
Well, as this project is likely to be quite expensive, why create needles competition? So if anybody is working on a similar project it might be better to cooperate than compete! So please let me hear if you know about any similar project!

Thanks
Jon

Consiglia Telekommunikation
Hulsøvang 16
2960 Rungsted Kyst
45 16 1000
www.consiglia.dk
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VoIP Mailing List Archives Forum Index -> freeSWITCH Users All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: