Sponsor: VoiceMeUp - Corporate & Wholesale VoIP Services

VoIP Mailing List Archives
Mailing list archives for the VoIP community
 SearchSearch 

[Freeswitch-biz] Fwd: Hotel PMS gateway product?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VoIP Mailing List Archives Forum Index -> freeSWITCH Business
View previous topic :: View next topic  
avi at freeswitch.org

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:51 am    Post subject: [Freeswitch-biz] Fwd: Hotel PMS gateway product? Reply with quote

This was on the Asterisk-biz list. I recall someone in FS talking about a hotel implementation but I couldn't find it in a quick search.
So.. I'm forwarding it along just in case someone can help with this.

-Avi

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Alistair Cunningham <acunningham@integrics.com (acunningham@integrics.com)>
Date: Fri, Jul 26, 2013 at 11:33 AM
Subject: [asterisk-biz] Hotel PMS gateway product?
To: Asterisk Business <asterisk-biz@lists.digium.com (asterisk-biz@lists.digium.com)>

Enswitch used to be able to connect to hotel Property Management Systems (PMSs) using a gateway box made by Intouch Digital. This allowed it to act as a hosted telephony system for hotels, with the PMS sending room updates (e.g. guest checking in/out) to Enswitch so that calls could be allowed/disallowed, and Enswitch sending billing updates to the PMS so that calls would appear on guests' bills when they checked out.

Unfortunately Intouch Digital are no longer trading. I've been looking for a replacement product without success. Internet searches for "hotel PMS gateway" and similar tend to produce the Enswitch documentation as their first result.

Does anyone know of a replacement PMS gateway product that we could use to provide this functionality? We'd prefer not to have to implement the protocol for each PMS system out there, particularly as many of them run over serial cables (and thus awkward to integrate with a remote hosted telephony system) and are poorly documented.

--
Alistair Cunningham
[url=tel:%2B1%20888%20468%203111]+1 888 468 3111[/url]
[url=tel:%2B44%2020%20799%2039%20799]+44 20 799 39 799[/url]
http://integrics.com/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VoIP Mailing List Archives Forum Index -> freeSWITCH Business All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: