Sponsor: VoiceMeUp - Corporate & Wholesale VoIP Services

VoIP Mailing List Archives
Mailing list archives for the VoIP community
 SearchSearch 

[Freeswitch-users] FS Bridged call, no RTP until DTMF pressed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VoIP Mailing List Archives Forum Index -> freeSWITCH Users
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adnan.ahmed1 at gmail.com

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:09 am    Post subject: [Freeswitch-users] FS Bridged call, no RTP until DTMF presse Reply with quote

Hi,

I have a peculiar situation in which I'm hoping someone can help me out with.  I have a Dahdi trunk coming into Asterisk (*), which then sends the call directly to freeswitch (FS), FS will then bridge this incoming call to a SIP device.  The problem i'm having is that when FS bridges the call there is no media (or RTP packets) sent back to asterisk until I press a dtmf key from the caller side.

The reason that * is there is due to the fact that mod_freeTDM for FS wasn't able to configure the trunk parameters required to control the T1 (E&M with Feature Group B MF), with chan_dahdi in * i was able to set that up with signalling=featb.  The dialplan in asterisk is as follows,

Quote:
[from-pstn]
exten => _X.,1,NoOp(Incoming DID matches as ${EXTEN})
exten => _X.,n,Answer()
exten => _X.,n,Set(CALLERID(all)="0000000000"<0000000000>)
exten => _X.,n,Dial(SIP/freeswitch/1819${EXTEN:0:7},90,M(send-dtmf-1)r)
exten => _X.,n,Hangup()

Quote:
[macro-send-dtmf-1]
exten => s,1,SendDTMF(1)

I tried sending a DTMF from astersk, and FS recognizes the DTMF, but still no RTP until the key is physically pressed on the caller side.  The asterisk dialplan is very simple, answer the incoming dahdi call and send it to FS via SIP.  Once the DTMF is pressed, the audio is complete and no issues anymore, so its not a routing, or firewall issue.  Both asterisk and FS run on the same machine (* on port 5065, and FS on 5060).  Looking at the tcpdump traces, there really is no RTP from FS until after the DTMF is pressed, but the RTP from asterisk is always there.

I have the output of "sofia global siptrace on" at the following pastebin: https://pastebin.freeswitch.org/24552

In that SIP trace you will see the call as follows,

Incoming call from *
bridge to SIP device
Failure to connect to SIP device
Forward call to voicemail
bridge to voicemail
connects to voicemail system
hangup

I can press the DTMF at any point once the first bridge is dialed and will start hearing the audio from that point onwards ... in this case i pressed the DTMF key 1 (you see it being recognized in the FS sip trace log).  It makes no difference if I wait to press the DTMF till the second bridge or after the second bridge connects.

I have even tried it with a sip device that answers on the first bridge session, and its the same scenario:  no audio until dtmf is pressed, again making no difference if its pressed right away or 10 seconds after the call is connected and the other party can hear me but i don't hear them until i press the dtmf.

Thanks,
Adnan.
adnan.ahmed1 at gmail.com

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:37 am    Post subject: [Freeswitch-users] FS Bridged call, no RTP until DTMF presse Reply with quote

You can disregard this message. Further testing and isolation of the software/hardware found the cause to be in the chan_dahdi.c file for asterisk.  (Not actually an error but it was what was causing me issues.)
The conf mute was being turned on because it thought it was receiving a DTMFdown event on the E&m wink with Feature Group B MF signalling trunk.  Not sure if it was an error or anything, so I just hard coded the file to not use confmute, and now it works fine.
Adnan.
On Thu, Feb 11, 2016, 09:32 Adnan Ahmed <adnan.ahmed1@gmail.com (adnan.ahmed1@gmail.com)> wrote:

Quote:
Hi,

I have a peculiar situation in which I'm hoping someone can help me out with.  I have a Dahdi trunk coming into Asterisk (*), which then sends the call directly to freeswitch (FS), FS will then bridge this incoming call to a SIP device.  The problem i'm having is that when FS bridges the call there is no media (or RTP packets) sent back to asterisk until I press a dtmf key from the caller side.

The reason that * is there is due to the fact that mod_freeTDM for FS wasn't able to configure the trunk parameters required to control the T1 (E&M with Feature Group B MF), with chan_dahdi in * i was able to set that up with signalling=featb.  The dialplan in asterisk is as follows,

Quote:
[from-pstn]
exten => _X.,1,NoOp(Incoming DID matches as ${EXTEN})
exten => _X.,n,Answer()
exten => _X.,n,Set(CALLERID(all)="0000000000"<0000000000>)
exten => _X.,n,Dial(SIP/freeswitch/1819${EXTEN:0:7},90,M(send-dtmf-1)r)
exten => _X.,n,Hangup()

Quote:
[macro-send-dtmf-1]
exten => s,1,SendDTMF(1)

I tried sending a DTMF from astersk, and FS recognizes the DTMF, but still no RTP until the key is physically pressed on the caller side.  The asterisk dialplan is very simple, answer the incoming dahdi call and send it to FS via SIP.  Once the DTMF is pressed, the audio is complete and no issues anymore, so its not a routing, or firewall issue.  Both asterisk and FS run on the same machine (* on port 5065, and FS on 5060).  Looking at the tcpdump traces, there really is no RTP from FS until after the DTMF is pressed, but the RTP from asterisk is always there.

I have the output of "sofia global siptrace on" at the following pastebin: https://pastebin.freeswitch.org/24552

In that SIP trace you will see the call as follows,

Incoming call from *
bridge to SIP device
Failure to connect to SIP device
Forward call to voicemail
bridge to voicemail
connects to voicemail system
hangup

I can press the DTMF at any point once the first bridge is dialed and will start hearing the audio from that point onwards ... in this case i pressed the DTMF key 1 (you see it being recognized in the FS sip trace log).  It makes no difference if I wait to press the DTMF till the second bridge or after the second bridge connects.

I have even tried it with a sip device that answers on the first bridge session, and its the same scenario:  no audio until dtmf is pressed, again making no difference if its pressed right away or 10 seconds after the call is connected and the other party can hear me but i don't hear them until i press the dtmf.

Thanks,
Adnan.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VoIP Mailing List Archives Forum Index -> freeSWITCH Users All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: