Sponsor: VoiceMeUp - Corporate & Wholesale VoIP Services

VoIP Mailing List Archives
Mailing list archives for the VoIP community
 SearchSearch 

[Freeswitch-users] module question

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VoIP Mailing List Archives Forum Index -> freeSWITCH Users
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mandra at gmail.com

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:48 am    Post subject: [Freeswitch-users] module question Reply with quote

Hi guys. After much slething I figured it out: this line:
std::string const& s = po::validators::get_single_string(values);

this is something from boost::program_options

it throws an exception if it is false

and for some reason if that line is in my code, even if it's not invoked, causes the library to not unload. Do you know why this might be? Is there some flag I should throw in my makefile to allow the boost library to be used in a way that's more compatible with free switch?

Thanks, 

Chris

On Friday, March 4, 2016, Nathan Neulinger <nneul@mst.edu (nneul@mst.edu)> wrote:
Quote:
No, what I mean was I don't see the symptom unloading various modules on my system. You should try the same (modules
OTHER than yours) to see if the symtom is general or specific to your code.

-- Nathan

On 03/04/2016 01:01 PM, Chris Mandra wrote:
Quote:
Hi Nathan -
this is a module I'm working on, that's why it's not on your system. I know the problem is specific to my module, I'm
trying to figure out why.
freeswitch reports module unloaded, but lsof reports that fs is still talking to it, meaning freeswitch still reports it
as open file.

chris

On Fri, Mar 4, 2016 at 1:15 PM, Nathan Neulinger <[url=javascript:;]nneul@mst.edu[/url] <mailto:[url=javascript:;]nneul@mst.edu[/url]>> wrote:

I certainly don't see it with other modules on my system.

Are you able to test it with other modules on yours? i.e. try unloading something like mod_opus (unless you are using
     it). And see if the same behavior exists. If it doesn't, problem is specific to the module being unloaded.

-- Nathan

On 03/04/2016 12:10 PM, Chris Mandra wrote:
     > It seems to me that the problem is that the library is not being unloaded, or it's not properly loaded or both?
     >
     > Am I the only one running into this sort of thing?
     >
     > thanks for all your help,
     > chris
     >
     > On Fri, Mar 4, 2016 at 10:49 AM, Chris Mandra <[url=javascript:;]mandra@gmail.com[/url] <mailto:[url=javascript:;]mandra@gmail.com[/url]> <mailto:[url=javascript:;]mandra@gmail.com[/url] <mailto:[url=javascript:;]mandra@gmail.com[/url]>>> wrote:
     >
     >     freeswitc 10760 freeswitch  DEL    REG                8,1              157457 /usr/local/freeswitch/mod/mod_skeleton.so
     >
     >     after
     >
     >     freeswitc 10760 freeswitch  DEL    REG                8,1              157457 /usr/local/freeswitch/mod/mod_skeleton.so
     >
     >     both the same after loading and unloading
     >
     >
     >     On Fri, Mar 4, 2016 at 9:16 AM, Nathan Neulinger <[url=javascript:;]nneul@mst.edu[/url] <mailto:[url=javascript:;]nneul@mst.edu[/url]> <mailto:[url=javascript:;]nneul@mst.edu[/url] <mailto:[url=javascript:;]nneul@mst.edu[/url]>>> wrote:
     >
     >         If you do the lsof before and then after the unload, does the lsof still show the same filename as opened?
     >
     >         -- Nathan
     >
     >         On 03/04/2016 07:53 AM, Chris Mandra wrote:
     >         > And I want to stress, that I delete the file from disc unload the module, reload the module and it says it loads, so
     >         > this doesn't make sense to me…
     >         >
     >         > On Friday, March 4, 2016, Chris Mandra <[url=javascript:;]mandra@gmail.com[/url] <mailto:[url=javascript:;]mandra@gmail.com[/url]> <mailto:[url=javascript:;]mandra@gmail.com[/url] <mailto:[url=javascript:;]mandra@gmail.com[/url]>>
     <mailto:[url=javascript:;]mandra@gmail.com[/url] <mailto:[url=javascript:;]mandra@gmail.com[/url]> <mailto:[url=javascript:;]mandra@gmail.com[/url] <mailto:[url=javascript:;]mandra@gmail.com[/url]>>>> wrote:
     >         >
     >         >     Nevermind.
     >         >     It's still not working.
     >         >
     >         >     Couple of questions:
     >         >     I'm writing this I'm c++. Could that be causing problems?
     >         >     Here's my makefile. Is anything obvs causing trouble here:
     >         >
     >         >     BASE=../../../..
     >         >     include $(BASE)/build/modmake.rules
     >         >     LOCAL_CFLAGS=-I./include -std=c++0x -DBUILD_VERSION=\"$(BUILD_VERSION)\" -Iinclude$(LOCAL_CFLAGS_$(ARCH)) -fpermissive
     >         >     LOCAL_LDFLAGS+=-lboost_program_options
     >         >     strategy.o: strategy.cpp
     >         >     ladspa_strategy.o: ladspa_strategy.cpp
     >         >     dsp_strategy.o: dsp_strategy.cpp
     >         >     param_strategy.o: param_strategy.cpp
     >         >     load.o: load.cpp
     >         >     tokenizer.o: tokenizer.cpp
     >         >     validators.o: validators.cpp
     >         >     LOCAL_OBJS+=ladspa_strategy.o strategy.o dsp_strategy.o load.o tokenizer.o param_strategy.o
     >         >     local_depend: $(LOCAL_OBJS)
     >         >
     >         >     Thanks, Chris
     >         >
     >         >
     >         >
      >         >     On Friday, March 4, 2016, Chris Mandra <[url=javascript:;]mandra@gmail.com[/url] <mailto:[url=javascript:;]mandra@gmail.com[/url]>
     <mailto:[url=javascript:;]mandra@gmail.com[/url] <mailto:[url=javascript:;]mandra@gmail.com[/url]>> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','[url=javascript:;]mandra@gmail.com[/url]
     <mailto:[url=javascript:;]mandra@gmail.com[/url]>
     >         <mailto:[url=javascript:;]mandra@gmail.com[/url] <mailto:[url=javascript:;]mandra@gmail.com[/url]>>');>> wrote:
     >         >
     >         >         So here's another wrinkle. I've removed my module from the system, recreated it fresh with a new filename (and
     >         >         internal names where apropos) and it's reloading is working properly now. Same code. How is this possible?
     >         >         Thanks,
     >         >         Chris
     >         >
     >         >         On Thursday, March 3, 2016, Chris Mandra <[url=javascript:;]mandra@gmail.com[/url] <mailto:[url=javascript:;]mandra@gmail.com[/url]> <mailto:[url=javascript:;]mandra@gmail.com[/url] <mailto:[url=javascript:;]mandra@gmail.com[/url]>>> wrote:
     >         >
     >         >             Does that make anything come to mind?
     >         >
     >         >             On Wednesday, March 2, 2016, Chris Mandra <[url=javascript:;]mandra@gmail.com[/url] <mailto:[url=javascript:;]mandra@gmail.com[/url]> <mailto:[url=javascript:;]mandra@gmail.com[/url] <mailto:[url=javascript:;]mandra@gmail.com[/url]>>> wrote:
     >         >
     >         >                 1.6
     >         >
     >         >                 On Wed, Mar 2, 2016 at 11:57 AM, Ken Rice <[url=javascript:;]krice@freeswitch.org[/url] <mailto:[url=javascript:;]krice@freeswitch.org[/url]> <mailto:[url=javascript:;]krice@freeswitch.org[/url] <mailto:[url=javascript:;]krice@freeswitch.org[/url]>>> wrote:
     >         >
     >          >                     What version of FreeSWITCH are you building this against? ____
     >          >
     >          >                     __ __
     >          >
     >          >
     >          >
     >          >
     >         >
     >         >                     *From:*[url=javascript:;]freeswitch-users-bounces@lists.freeswitch.org[/url] <mailto:[url=javascript:;]freeswitch-users-bounces@lists.freeswitch.org[/url]>
     <mailto:[url=javascript:;]freeswitch-users-bounces@lists.freeswitch.org[/url] <mailto:[url=javascript:;]freeswitch-users-bounces@lists.freeswitch.org[/url]>>
      >         >                     [mailto:[url=javascript:;]freeswitch-users-bounces@lists.freeswitch.org[/url]
     <mailto:[url=javascript:;]freeswitch-users-bounces@lists.freeswitch.org[/url]> <mailto:[url=javascript:;]freeswitch-users-bounces@lists.freeswitch.org[/url]
     <mailto:[url=javascript:;]freeswitch-users-bounces@lists.freeswitch.org[/url]>>] *On Behalf
     >         Of *Chris Mandra
     >          >                     *Sent:* Wednesday, March 2, 2016 10:37 AM
      >         >                     *To:* FreeSWITCH Users Help <[url=javascript:;]freeswitch-users@lists.freeswitch.org[/url]
     <mailto:[url=javascript:;]freeswitch-users@lists.freeswitch.org[/url]> <mailto:[url=javascript:;]freeswitch-users@lists.freeswitch.org[/url]
     <mailto:[url=javascript:;]freeswitch-users@lists.freeswitch.org[/url]>>>
     >          >                     *Subject:* [Freeswitch-users] module question____
     >          >
     >         >
     >         >                     I unload, wipe the file reload and it says it's reloaded
     >         >                     This makes no sense
      >          >                     On Wednesday, March 2, 2016, Nathan Neulinger <[url=javascript:;]nneul@mst.edu[/url]
     <mailto:[url=javascript:;]nneul@mst.edu[/url]> <mailto:[url=javascript:;]nneul@mst.edu[/url] <mailto:[url=javascript:;]nneul@mst.edu[/url]>>>
     >         wrote:____
     >          >
     >          >                         I think he said earlier that if he shuts down completely, it works fine, but he's
     >         wanting to be
     >          >                         able to reload on the
     >          >                         fly to test new changes.
     >          >
     >          >                         -- Nathan
     >          >
     >          >                         On 03/02/2016 08:59 AM, Ken Rice wrote:
     >          >                          > Have you completely shut FreeSwitch down?  There is a chance when you unload a
     >         module, that
     >          >                         module doesn’t actually
     >          >                          > unload, its still loaded, just deactivated. You can easily verify this by making
     >         sure the .so
     >          >                         for the module is gone,
     >          >                          > and restarting FreeSWITCH completely.
     >          >                          >
     >          >                          > *From:*[url=javascript:;]freeswitch-users-bounces@lists.freeswitch.org[/url] <mailto:[url=javascript:;]freeswitch-users-bounces@lists.freeswitch.org[/url]>
     >         <mailto:[url=javascript:;]freeswitch-users-bounces@lists.freeswitch.org[/url] <mailto:[url=javascript:;]freeswitch-users-bounces@lists.freeswitch.org[/url]>>
      >          >                         [mailto:[url=javascript:;]freeswitch-users-bounces@lists.freeswitch.org[/url]
     <mailto:[url=javascript:;]freeswitch-users-bounces@lists.freeswitch.org[/url]>
     >         <mailto:[url=javascript:;]freeswitch-users-bounces@lists.freeswitch.org[/url] <mailto:[url=javascript:;]freeswitch-users-bounces@lists.freeswitch.org[/url]>>] *On Behalf
     >          >                          > Of *Chris Mandra
     >          >                          > *Sent:* Wednesday, March 2, 2016 8:30 AM
     >          >                          > *To:* FreeSWITCH Users Help <[url=javascript:;]freeswitch-users@lists.freeswitch.org[/url] <mailto:[url=javascript:;]freeswitch-users@lists.freeswitch.org[/url]>
      >         <mailto:[url=javascript:;]freeswitch-users@lists.freeswitch.org[/url] <mailto:[url=javascript:;]freeswitch-users@lists.freeswitch.org[/url]>>>
     >          >                          > *Subject:* Re: [Freeswitch-users] module question
     >          >                          > No, not chroot'd. I'm compiling a bunch of my own classes, could be my makefile?
     >          >                          > On Wednesday, March 2, 2016, Nathan Neulinger <[url=javascript:;]nneul@mst.edu[/url] <mailto:[url=javascript:;]nneul@mst.edu[/url]>
     >         <mailto:[url=javascript:;]nneul@mst.edu[/url] <mailto:[url=javascript:;]nneul@mst.edu[/url]>> <mailto:[url=javascript:;]nneul@mst.edu[/url] <mailto:[url=javascript:;]nneul@mst.edu[/url]> <mailto:[url=javascript:;]nneul@mst.edu[/url]
     <mailto:[url=javascript:;]nneul@mst.edu[/url]>>>> wrote:
     >          >                          >     Is there any chance you are running freeswitch chroot'd?
     >          >                          >     On 03/02/2016 06:14 AM, Chris Mandra wrote:
     >          >                          >      > Thank you for writing Stephen, I've already tried that, and that's how I
     >         know it's
     >          >                         reporting what it's reporting
     >          >                          >     and how
     >          >                          >      > it doesn't make any sense.
     >          >                          >      >
     >          >                          >      > Fs is reporting this: /usr/local/freeswitch/mod/mod_test_dsp.so
     >          >                          >      > however that file doesn’t even exist
     >          >                          >      > and yet it still says it’s loading it
     >          >                          >      > how is that possible?
     >          >                          >      > On Wednesday, March 2, 2016, Steven Ayre <[url=javascript:;]steveayre@gmail.com[/url] <mailto:[url=javascript:;]steveayre@gmail.com[/url]>
      >         <mailto:[url=javascript:;]steveayre@gmail.com[/url] <mailto:[url=javascript:;]steveayre@gmail.com[/url]>> <javascript:;>
      >          >                         <mailto:[url=javascript:;]steveayre@gmail.com[/url] <mailto:[url=javascript:;]steveayre@gmail.com[/url]>
     <mailto:[url=javascript:;]steveayre@gmail.com[/url] <mailto:[url=javascript:;]steveayre@gmail.com[/url]>>
     >          >                          >     <javascript:;>>> wrote:
     >          >                          >      >     When the file is loaded use find FreeSWITCH's PID and then use the
     >         'lsof -p $PID |
     >          >                         grep mod_' command...
     >          >                          >     it'll show
     >          >                          >      >     you a list of the modules FreeSWITCH currently has loaded. See if it's
     >         loading
     >          >                         from a different path that way.
     >          >                          >      >     On 2 March 2016 at 02:52, Chris Mandra <[url=javascript:;]mandra@gmail.com[/url] <mailto:[url=javascript:;]mandra@gmail.com[/url]>
      >         <mailto:[url=javascript:;]mandra@gmail.com[/url] <mailto:[url=javascript:;]mandra@gmail.com[/url]>> <javascript:;>
      >          >                          >     <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','[url=javascript:;]mandra@gmail.com[/url]
     <mailto:[url=javascript:;]mandra@gmail.com[/url]> <mailto:[url=javascript:;]mandra@gmail.com[/url] <mailto:[url=javascript:;]mandra@gmail.com[/url]>>
     >         <javascript:;>');>> wrote:
     >          >                          >      >         Any other ideas?
     >          >                          >      >         On Tuesday, March 1, 2016, Chris Mandra <[url=javascript:;]mandra@gmail.com[/url] <mailto:[url=javascript:;]mandra@gmail.com[/url]>
      >         <mailto:[url=javascript:;]mandra@gmail.com[/url] <mailto:[url=javascript:;]mandra@gmail.com[/url]>> <javascript:;>
      >          >                          >     <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','[url=javascript:;]mandra@gmail.com[/url]
     <mailto:[url=javascript:;]mandra@gmail.com[/url]> <mailto:[url=javascript:;]mandra@gmail.com[/url] <mailto:[url=javascript:;]mandra@gmail.com[/url]>>
     >          >                          >      >             Thanks for your responses so far guys. Italo, its only built
     >         from source
     >          >                         so I don't think that's the
     >          >                          >     issue.
     >          >                          >      >             This is baffling. I've tried it in more one machine, same result.
     >          >                          >      >             On Tuesday, March 1, 2016, Chris Mandra <[url=javascript:;]mandra@gmail.com[/url] <mailto:[url=javascript:;]mandra@gmail.com[/url]>
      >         <mailto:[url=javascript:;]mandra@gmail.com[/url] <mailto:[url=javascript:;]mandra@gmail.com[/url]>> <javascript:;>>
     >          >                         wrote:
     >          >                          >      >                 So, FS is reporting
     >          >                          >      >                 reporting this: /usr/local/freeswitch/mod/mod_test_dsp.so
     >          >                          >      >                 however that file doesn’t even exist
     >          >                          >      >                 and yet it still says it’s loading it
     >          >                          >      >                 how is that possible?
     >          >                          >      >                 On Tue, Mar 1, 2016 at 12:34 PM, Nathan Neulinger
      >         <[url=javascript:;]nneul@mst.edu[/url] <mailto:[url=javascript:;]nneul@mst.edu[/url]> <mailto:[url=javascript:;]nneul@mst.edu[/url] <mailto:[url=javascript:;]nneul@mst.edu[/url]>>
     >          >                         <javascript:;>> wrote:
     >          >                          >      >                     On 03/01/2016 09:41 AM, Chris Mandra wrote:
     >          >                          >      >                     > thanks for the reply Nathan - this is really weird:
     >          >                          >      >                     >
     >          >                          >      >                     > after i remove the .so files (and make sure they're
     >         gone from my
     >          >                         disk)  it still reports it
     >          >                          >     successfully reloads
     >          >                          >      >                     Ok, so issue 'lsof -p PID_OF_FREESWITCH' and look for
     >         the path to
     >          >                         the .so file that it
     >          >                          >     loaded. It's
     >          >                          >      >                     likely pulling it in
     >          >                          >      >                     from a different location.
     >          >                          >      >                     Or 'strace -v -f -s 500 -o /tmp/trc -p
     >         PID_OF_FREESWITCH', then
     >          >                         issue the reload, then kill the
     >          >                          >      >                     strace and look for what
     >          >                          >      >                     file/path it searched/etc.
     >          >                          >      >                     -- Nathan
     >           ------------------------------------------------------------
      >          >                          >      >                     Nathan Neulinger [url=javascript:;]nneul@mst.edu[/url]
     <mailto:[url=javascript:;]nneul@mst.edu[/url]> <mailto:[url=javascript:;]nneul@mst.edu[/url] <mailto:[url=javascript:;]nneul@mst.edu[/url]>>
     >         <javascript:;>
     >          >                          >      >                     Missouri S&T Information Technology(573) 612-1412 <tel:%28573%29%20612-1412>
     >         <tel:%28573%29%20612-1412>
     >          >                         <tel:%28573%29%20612-1412> <tel:%28573%29%20612-1412>
     >         >                          >      >                     System Administrator - Architect
     >         >                          >      >
     >         >                           _________________________________________________________________________
     >         >                          >      >                     Professional FreeSWITCH Consulting Services:
      >         >                          >      >[url=javascript:;]consulting@freeswitch.org[/url] <mailto:[url=javascript:;]consulting@freeswitch.org[/url]>
     <mailto:[url=javascript:;]consulting@freeswitch.org[/url] <mailto:[url=javascript:;]consulting@freeswitch.org[/url]>> <javascript:;>
     >         >                          >      >http://www.freeswitchsolutions.com
     >         >                          >      >                     Official FreeSWITCH Sites
     >         >                          >      >http://www.freeswitch.org
     >         >                          >      >http://confluence.freeswitch.org
     >         >                          >      >http://www.cluecon.com
     >         >                          >      >                     FreeSWITCH-users mailing list
      >         >                          >      >[url=javascript:;]FreeSWITCH-users@lists.freeswitch.org[/url]
     <mailto:[url=javascript:;]FreeSWITCH-users@lists.freeswitch.org[/url]> <mailto:[url=javascript:;]FreeSWITCH-users@lists.freeswitch.org[/url]
     <mailto:[url=javascript:;]FreeSWITCH-users@lists.freeswitch.org[/url]>> <javascript:;>
     >         >                          >      >http://lists.freeswitch.org/mailman/listinfo/freeswitch-users
     >         >                           UNSUBSCRIBE:http://lists.freeswitch.org/mailman/options/freeswitch-users
     >         >                          >      >                 --
     >         >                          >      >                 mandra
     >          >                          >      >                 c:410.258.5281 <tel:410.258.5281> <tel:410.258.5281 <tel:410.258.5281>> <tel:410.258.5281 <tel:410.258.5281>
      >         <tel:410.258.5281 <tel:410.258.5281>>> <tel:410.258.5281 <tel:410.258.5281> <tel:410.258.5281
     <tel:410.258.5281>>>
     >          >                          >      >             --
     >          >                          >      >             mandra
     >          >                          >      >             c:410.258.5281 <tel:410.258.5281> <tel:410.258.5281 <tel:410.258.5281>> <tel:410.258.5281 <tel:410.258.5281>
      >         <tel:410.258.5281 <tel:410.258.5281>>> <tel:410.258.5281 <tel:410.258.5281> <tel:410.258.5281
     >          >                          >      >         --
     >          >                          >      >         mandra
     >          >                          >      >         c:410.258.5281 <tel:410.258.5281> <tel:410.258.5281 <tel:410.258.5281>> <tel:410.258.5281 <tel:410.258.5281>
     >         >                          >      >         _________________________________________________________________________
     >         >                          >      >         Professional FreeSWITCH Consulting Services:
      >         >                          >      >[url=javascript:;]consulting@freeswitch.org[/url] <mailto:[url=javascript:;]consulting@freeswitch.org[/url]>
     <mailto:[url=javascript:;]consulting@freeswitch.org[/url] <mailto:[url=javascript:;]consulting@freeswitch.org[/url]>> <javascript:;>
      >         >                         <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','[url=javascript:;]consulting@freeswitch.org[/url]
     <mailto:[url=javascript:;]consulting@freeswitch.org[/url]> <mailto:[url=javascript:;]consulting@freeswitch.org[/url] <mailto:[url=javascript:;]consulting@freeswitch.org[/url]>>
     <javascript:;>');>
     >         >                          >      >         Official FreeSWITCH Sites
     >         >                          >      >         FreeSWITCH-users mailing list
      >         >                          >      >[url=javascript:;]FreeSWITCH-users@lists.freeswitch.org[/url]
     <mailto:[url=javascript:;]FreeSWITCH-users@lists.freeswitch.org[/url]> <mailto:[url=javascript:;]FreeSWITCH-users@lists.freeswitch.org[/url]
     <mailto:[url=javascript:;]FreeSWITCH-users@lists.freeswitch.org[/url]>> <javascript:;>
      >         >                          >     <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','[url=javascript:;]FreeSWITCH-users@lists.freeswitch.org[/url]
     <mailto:[url=javascript:;]FreeSWITCH-users@lists.freeswitch.org[/url]>> <javascript:;>');>
     >         >                          >      >http://lists.freeswitch.org/mailman/listinfo/freeswitch-users
     >         >                          >      >         UNSUBSCRIBE:http://lists.freeswitch.org/mailman/options/freeswitch-users
     >         >                          >      > --
     >         >                          >      > mandra
      >         >                          >      > c:410.258.5281 <tel:410.258.5281> <tel:410.258.5281
     <tel:410.258.5281>> <tel:410.258.5281 <tel:410.258.5281> <tel:410.258.5281 <tel:410.258.5281>>>
     >         >                          >      > _________________________________________________________________________
     >         >                          >      > Professional FreeSWITCH Consulting Services:
     >         >                          >      > Official FreeSWITCH Sites
     >         >                          >      > FreeSWITCH-users mailing list
     >         >                          >      > UNSUBSCRIBE:http://lists.freeswitch.org/mailman/options/freeswitch-users
     >         >                          >
     >         >                          >     --
     >         >                          >     ------------------------------------------------------------
      >         >                          >     Nathan [url=javascript:;]Neulingernneul@mst.edu[/url] <mailto:[url=javascript:;]Neulingernneul@mst.edu[/url]>
     <mailto:[url=javascript:;]nneul@mst.edu[/url] <mailto:[url=javascript:;]nneul@mst.edu[/url]>> <javascript:;>
      >         >                          >     Missouri S&T Information Technology(573) 612-1412
     <tel:%28573%29%20612-1412> <tel:%28573%29%20612-1412> <tel:%28573%29%20612-1412>
     >         >                          >     System Administrator - Architect
     >         >                          >     _________________________________________________________________________
     >         >                          >     Professional FreeSWITCH Consulting Services:
      >         >                          >[url=javascript:;]consulting@freeswitch.org[/url] <mailto:[url=javascript:;]consulting@freeswitch.org[/url]>
     >         >                          >http://www.freeswitchsolutions.com
     >         >                          >     Official FreeSWITCH Sites
     >         >                          >http://www.freeswitch.org
     >         >                          >http://confluence.freeswitch.org
     >         >                          >http://www.cluecon.com
     >         >                          >     FreeSWITCH-users mailing list
      >         >                          >[url=javascript:;]FreeSWITCH-users@lists.freeswitch.org[/url]
     >         >                          >http://lists.freeswitch.org/mailman/listinfo/freeswitch-users
     >         >                          >     UNSUBSCRIBE:http://lists.freeswitch.org/mailman/options/freeswitch-users
     >         >                          > --
     >         >                          > mandra
      >         >                          > c:410.258.5281 <tel:410.258.5281> <tel:410.258.5281 <tel:410.258.5281>>
     <tel:410.258.5281 <tel:410.258.5281> <tel:410.258.5281 <tel:410.258.5281>>>
     >         >                          > _________________________________________________________________________
     >         >                          > Professional FreeSWITCH Consulting Services:
      >         >                          >[url=javascript:;]consulting@freeswitch.org[/url] <mailto:[url=javascript:;]consulting@freeswitch.org[/url]>
     <mailto:[url=javascript:;]consulting@freeswitch.org[/url] <mailto:[url=javascript:;]consulting@freeswitch.org[/url]>>
     >         >                          > Official FreeSWITCH Sites
     >         >                          > FreeSWITCH-users mailing list
      >         >                          >[url=javascript:;]FreeSWITCH-users@lists.freeswitch.org[/url]
     <mailto:[url=javascript:;]FreeSWITCH-users@lists.freeswitch.org[/url]>>
     >         >                          >http://lists.freeswitch.org/mailman/listinfo/freeswitch-users
     >         >                          > UNSUBSCRIBE:http://lists.freeswitch.org/mailman/options/freeswitch-users
     >         >
     >         >                         --
     >         >                         ------------------------------------------------------------
      >         >                         Nathan [url=javascript:;]Neulingernneul@mst.edu[/url] <mailto:[url=javascript:;]Neulingernneul@mst.edu[/url]>
     <mailto:[url=javascript:;]nneul@mst.edu[/url] <mailto:[url=javascript:;]nneul@mst.edu[/url]>>
      >         >                         Missouri S&T Information Technology(573) 612-1412 <tel:%28573%29%20612-1412>
     <tel:%28573%29%20612-1412> <tel:%28573%29%20612-1412>
     >         >                         System Administrator - Architect
     >         >
     >         >                         _________________________________________________________________________
     >         >                         Professional FreeSWITCH Consulting Services:
      >         >[url=javascript:;]consulting@freeswitch.org[/url] <mailto:[url=javascript:;]consulting@freeswitch.org[/url]> <mailto:[url=javascript:;]consulting@freeswitch.org[/url]
     <mailto:[url=javascript:;]consulting@freeswitch.org[/url]>>
     >         >http://www.freeswitchsolutions.com
     >         >
     >         >                         Official FreeSWITCH Sites
     >         >http://www.freeswitch.org
     >         >http://confluence.freeswitch.org
     >         >http://www.cluecon.com
     >         >
     >         >                         FreeSWITCH-users mailing list
      >         >[url=javascript:;]FreeSWITCH-users@lists.freeswitch.org[/url] <mailto:[url=javascript:;]FreeSWITCH-users@lists.freeswitch.org[/url]>
     <mailto:[url=javascript:;]FreeSWITCH-users@lists.freeswitch.org[/url] <mailto:[url=javascript:;]FreeSWITCH-users@lists.freeswitch.org[/url]>>
     >         >http://lists.freeswitch.org/mailman/listinfo/freeswitch-users
     >         >                         UNSUBSCRIBE:http://lists.freeswitch.org/mailman/options/freeswitch-users
     >          >http://www.freeswitch.org____
     >          >
     >          >
     >          >
     >          >                     --
     >          >                     mandra
      >          >                     c:410.258.5281 <tel:410.258.5281> <tel:410.258.5281 <tel:410.258.5281>>
     <tel:410.258.5281 <tel:410.258.5281> <tel:410.258.5281 <tel:410.258.5281>>>____
     >          >
     >          >
     >          >                     _________________________________________________________________________
     >          >                     Professional FreeSWITCH Consulting Services:
      >          > [url=javascript:;]consulting@freeswitch.org[/url] <mailto:[url=javascript:;]consulting@freeswitch.org[/url]> <mailto:[url=javascript:;]consulting@freeswitch.org[/url]
     <mailto:[url=javascript:;]consulting@freeswitch.org[/url]>>
     >          >http://www.freeswitchsolutions.com
     >          >
     >          >                     Official FreeSWITCH Sites
     >          >http://www.freeswitch.org
     >          >http://confluence.freeswitch.org
     >          >http://www.cluecon.com
     >          >
     >          >                     FreeSWITCH-users mailing list
      >          > [url=javascript:;]FreeSWITCH-users@lists.freeswitch.org[/url] <mailto:[url=javascript:;]FreeSWITCH-users@lists.freeswitch.org[/url]>
     <mailto:[url=javascript:;]FreeSWITCH-users@lists.freeswitch.org[/url] <mailto:[url=javascript:;]FreeSWITCH-users@lists.freeswitch.org[/url]>>
     >          >http://lists.freeswitch.org/mailman/listinfo/freeswitch-users
     >          >                     UNSUBSCRIBE:http://lists.freeswitch.org/mailman/options/freeswitch-users
     >          >
     >          >
     >          >
     >          >
     >          >                 --
     >          >                 mandra
      >          >                 c:410.258.5281 <tel:410.258.5281> <tel:410.258.5281 <tel:410.258.5281>>
     >          >
     >          >
     >          >
     >          >             --
     >          >             mandra
     >  >     >          > --
     >          > mandra
     >          > c:410.258.5281 <tel:410.258.5281> <tel:410.258.5281 <tel:410.2>      >          > >     <mailto:>     <mailto:>     > >    >  >

--
mandra
c:410.258.5281
mike at jerris.com

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:25 pm    Post subject: [Freeswitch-users] module question Reply with quote

I'd try the strace route or throw some debug in switch_loadable module. Where is the module actually being installed if not in the mod directory?
Quote:
On Mar 2, 2016, at 10:13 AM, Nathan Neulinger <nneul@mst.edu (nneul@mst.edu)> wrote:
I think he said earlier that if he shuts down completely, it works fine, but he's wanting to be able to reload on the fly to test new changes.-- NathanOn 03/02/2016 08:59 AM, Ken Rice wrote:
Quote:
Have you completely shut FreeSwitch down? There is a chance when you unload a module, that module doesn’t actuallyunload, its still loaded, just deactivated. You can easily verify this by making sure the .so for the module is gone,and restarting FreeSWITCH completely.*From:*freeswitch-users-bounces@lists.freeswitch.org (freeswitch-users-bounces@lists.freeswitch.org) [mailto:freeswitch-users-bounces@lists.freeswitch.org (freeswitch-users-bounces@lists.freeswitch.org)] *On BehalfOf *Chris Mandra*Sent:* Wednesday, March 2, 2016 8:30 AM*To:* FreeSWITCH Users Help <freeswitch-users@lists.freeswitch.org (freeswitch-users@lists.freeswitch.org)>*Subject:* Re: [Freeswitch-users] module questionNo, not chroot'd. I'm compiling a bunch of my own classes, could be my makefile?On Wednesday, March 2, 2016, Nathan Neulinger <nneul@mst.edu (nneul@mst.edu) <mailto:nneul@mst.edu (nneul@mst.edu)>> wrote: Is there any chance you are running freeswitch chroot'd? On 03/02/2016 06:14 AM, Chris Mandra wrote:
Quote:
Thank you for writing Stephen, I've already tried that, and that's how I know it's reporting what it's reporting
and how
Quote:
it doesn't make any sense.Fs is reporting this: /usr/local/freeswitch/mod/mod_test_dsp.sohowever that file doesn’t even existand yet it still says it’s loading ithow is that possible?On Wednesday, March 2, 2016, Steven Ayre <steveayre@gmail.com (steveayre@gmail.com) <javascript:;> <mailto:steveayre@gmail.com (steveayre@gmail.com)
<javascript:;>>> wrote:
Quote:
When the file is loaded use find FreeSWITCH's PID and then use the 'lsof -p $PID | grep mod_' command...
it'll show
Quote:
you a list of the modules FreeSWITCH currently has loaded. See if it's loading from a different path that way. On 2 March 2016 at 02:52, Chris Mandra <mandra@gmail.com (mandra@gmail.com) <javascript:;>
<javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','mandra@gmail.com (mandra@gmail.com) <javascript:;>');>> wrote:
Quote:
Any other ideas? On Tuesday, March 1, 2016, Chris Mandra <mandra@gmail.com (mandra@gmail.com) <javascript:;>
<javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','mandra@gmail.com (mandra@gmail.com) <javascript:;>');>> wrote:
Quote:
Thanks for your responses so far guys. Italo, its only built from source so I don't think that's the
issue.
Quote:
This is baffling. I've tried it in more one machine, same result. On Tuesday, March 1, 2016, Chris Mandra <mandra@gmail.com (mandra@gmail.com) <javascript:;>> wrote: So, FS is reporting reporting this: /usr/local/freeswitch/mod/mod_test_dsp.so however that file doesn’t even exist and yet it still says it’s loading it how is that possible? On Tue, Mar 1, 2016 at 12:34 PM, Nathan Neulinger <nneul@mst.edu (nneul@mst.edu) <javascript:;>> wrote: On 03/01/2016 09:41 AM, Chris Mandra wrote:
Quote:
thanks for the reply Nathan - this is really weird:after i remove the .so files (and make sure they're gone from my disk) it still reports it
successfully reloads
Quote:
Ok, so issue 'lsof -p PID_OF_FREESWITCH' and look for the path to the .so file that it
loaded. It's
Quote:
likely pulling it in from a different location. Or 'strace -v -f -s 500 -o /tmp/trc -p PID_OF_FREESWITCH', then issue the reload, then kill the strace and look for what file/path it searched/etc. -- Nathan ------------------------------------------------------------ Nathan Neulinger nneul@mst.edu (nneul@mst.edu) <javascript:;> Missouri S&T Information Technology (573) 612-1412 <consulting@freeswitch.org (consulting@freeswitch.org) <javascript:;>FreeSWITCH-users@lists.freeswitch.org (FreeSWITCH-users@lists.freeswitch.org) <javascript:;>');>
Quote:
nneul@mst.edu (nneul@mst.edu) <javascript:;> Missouri S&T Information Technology (573) 612-1412 System Administrator - Architect _________________________________________________________________________ Professional FreeSWITCH Consulting Services: consulting@freeswitch.org (consulting@freeswitch.org) <javascript:;> FreeSWITCH-users@lists.freeswitch.org (FreeSWITCH-users@lists.freeswitch.org) <javascript:;> consulting@freeswitch.org (consulting@freeswitch.org)http://www.freeswitchsolutions.comOfficial FreeSWITCH Siteshttp://www.freeswitch.orghttp://confluence.freeswitch.orghttp://www.cluecon.comFreeSWITCH-users mailing listFreeSWITCH-users@lists.freeswitch.orghttp://lists.freeswitch.org/mailman/listinfo/freeswitch-usersUNSUBSCRIBE:http://lists.freeswitch.org/mailman/options/freeswitch-usershttp://www.freeswitch.org
-- ------------------------------------------------------------Nathan Neulinger nneul@mst.edu (nneul@mst.edu)Missouri S&T Information Technology (573) 612-1412System Administrator - Architect_________________________________________________________________________Professional FreeSWITCH Consulting Services: consulting@freeswitch.org (consulting@freeswitch.org)FreeSWITCH-users@lists.freeswitch.org (FreeSWITCH-users@lists.freeswitch.org)http://lists.freeswitch.org/mailman/listinfo/freeswitch-usersUNSUBSCRIBE:http://lists.freeswitch.org/mailman/options/freeswitch-usershttp://www.freeswitch.org

mike at jerris.com

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:33 pm    Post subject: [Freeswitch-users] module question Reply with quote

mandra at gmail.com

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:49 pm    Post subject: [Freeswitch-users] module question Reply with quote

Hi Michael,
it happens with other things too not just boost. things that aren't shared libraries. I'm wondering if this is bc of C++ or my makefile. Am I doing something obviously wrong here as far as freeswitch and my makefile is concerned? Is writing the module in advanced C++ an issue?:

include $(BASE)/build/modmake.rules
LOCAL_CFLAGS=-I./include -std=c++0x -DBUILD_VERSION=\"$(BUILD_VERSION)\" -Iinclude$(LOCAL_CFLAGS_$(ARCH)) -fpermissive
LOCAL_LDFLAGS+=
strategy.o: strategy.cpp

ladspa_strategy.o: ladspa_strategy.cpp
dsp_strategy.o: dsp_strategy.cpp 
param_strategy.o: param_strategy.cpp
load.o: load.cpp
docopt.o: docopt.cpp
LOCAL_OBJS+= ladspa_strategy.o strategy.o dsp_strategy.o load.o param_strategy.o docopt.o
local_depend: $(LOCAL_OBJS)
ARCH := $(shell getconf LONG_BIT)
***************If I load the module - even if I don't invoke the code - it doesn't unload. Having to restart FS each time I'm trying something is taking a lot of time. 

thanks,
chris

On Wednesday, March 9, 2016, Michael Jerris <mike@jerris.com (mike@jerris.com)> wrote:
Quote:
sounds like a bug in boost or some sort of misuse.. 
Quote:
On Mar 5, 2016, at 8:46 AM, Chris Mandra <mandra@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi guys. After much slething I figured it out: this line:
std::string const& s = po::validators::get_single_string(values);

this is something from boost::program_options

it throws an exception if it is false

and for some reason if that line is in my code, even if it's not invoked, causes the library to not unload. Do you know why this might be? Is there some flag I should throw in my makefile to allow the boost library to be used in a way that's more compatible with free switch?

Thanks, 

Chris

On Friday, March 4, 2016, Nathan Neulinger <nneul@mst.edu> wrote:
Quote:
No, what I mean was I don't see the symptom unloading various modules on my system. You should try the same (modules
OTHER than yours) to see if the symtom is general or specific to your code.

-- Nathan

On 03/04/2016 01:01 PM, Chris Mandra wrote:
Quote:
Hi Nathan -
this is a module I'm working on, that's why it's not on your system. I know the problem is specific to my module, I'm
trying to figure out why.
freeswitch reports module unloaded, but lsof reports that fs is still talking to it, meaning freeswitch still reports it
as open file.

chris

On Fri, Mar 4, 2016 at 1:15 PM, Nathan Neulinger <nneul@mst.edu <mailto:nneul@mst.edu>> wrote:

I certainly don't see it with other modules on my system.

Are you able to test it with other modules on yours? i.e. try unloading something like mod_opus (unless you are using
     it). And see if the same behavior exists. If it doesn't, problem is specific to the module being unloaded.

-- Nathan

On 03/04/2016 12:10 PM, Chris Mandra wrote:
     > It seems to me that the problem is that the library is not being unloaded, or it's not properly loaded or both?
     >
     > Am I the only one running into this sort of thing?
     >
     > thanks for all your help,
     > chris
     >
     > On Fri, Mar 4, 2016 at 10:49 AM, Chris Mandra <mandra@gmail.com <mailto:mandra@gmail.com> <mailto:mandra@gmail.com<mailto:mandra@gmail.com>>> wrote:
     >
     >
     >     after
     >
     >
     >     both the same after loading and unloading
     >
     >
     >     On Fri, Mar 4, 2016 at 9:16 AM, Nathan Neulinger <nneul@mst.edu <mailto:nneul@mst.edu> <mailto:nneul@mst.edu <mailto:nneul@mst.edu>>> wrote:
     >
     >         If you do the lsof before and then after the unload, does the lsof still show the same filename as opened?
     >
     >         -- Nathan
     >
     >         On 03/04/2016 07:53 AM, Chris Mandra wrote:
     >         > And I want to stress, that I delete the file from disc unload the module, reload the module and it says it loads, so
     >         > this doesn't make sense to me…
     >         >
     >         > On Friday, March 4, 2016, Chris Mandra <mandra@gmail.com <mailto:mandra@gmail.com> <mailto:mandra@gmail.com <mailto:mandra@gmail.com>>
     <mailto:mandra@gmail.com <mailto:mandra@gmail.com> <mailto:mandra@gmail.com <mailto:mandra@gmail.com>>>> wrote:
     >         >
     >         >     Nevermind.
     >         >     It's still not working.
     >         >
     >         >     Couple of questions:
     >         >     I'm writing this I'm c++. Could that be causing problems?
     >         >     Here's my makefile. Is anything obvs causing trouble here:
     >         >
     >         >     BASE=../../../..
     >         >     include $(BASE)/build/modmake.rules
     >         >     LOCAL_CFLAGS=-I./include -std=c++0x -DBUILD_VERSION=\"$(BUILD_VERSION)\" -Iinclude$(LOCAL_CFLAGS_$(ARCH)) -fpermissive
     >         >     LOCAL_LDFLAGS+=-lboost_program_options
     >         >     strategy.o: strategy.cpp
     >         >     ladspa_strategy.o: ladspa_strategy.cpp
     >         >     dsp_strategy.o: dsp_strategy.cpp
     >         >     param_strategy.o: param_strategy.cpp
     >         >     load.o: load.cpp
     >         >     tokenizer.o: tokenizer.cpp
     >         >     validators.o: validators.cpp
     >         >     LOCAL_OBJS+=ladspa_strategy.o strategy.o dsp_strategy.o load.o tokenizer.o param_strategy.o
     >         >     local_depend: $(LOCAL_OBJS)
     >         >
     >         >     Thanks, Chris
     >         >
     >         >
     >         >
      >         >     On Friday, March 4, 2016, Chris Mandra <mandra@gmail.com <mailto:mandra@gmail.com>
     <mailto:mandra@gmail.com <mailto:mandra@gmail.com>> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','mandra@gmail.com
     <mailto:mandra@gmail.com>
     >         <mailto:mandra@gmail.com <mailto:mandra@gmail.com>>');>> wrote:
     >         >
     >         >         So here's another wrinkle. I've removed my module from the system, recreated it fresh with a new filename (and
     >         >         internal names where apropos) and it's reloading is working properly now. Same code. How is this possible?
     >         >         Thanks,
     >         >         Chris
     >         >
     >         >         On Thursday, March 3, 2016, Chris Mandra <mandra@gmail.com <mailto:mandra@gmail.com> <mailto:mandra@gmail.com<mailto:mandra@gmail.com>>> wrote:
     >         >
     >         >             Does that make anything come to mind?
     >         >
     >         >             On Wednesday, March 2, 2016, Chris Mandra <mandra@gmail.com <mailto:mandra@gmail.com> <mailto:mandra@gmail.com<mailto:mandra@gmail.com>>> wrote:
     >         >
     >         >                 1.6
     >         >
     >         >                 On Wed, Mar 2, 2016 at 11:57 AM, Ken Rice <krice@freeswitch.org <mailto:krice@freeswitch.org> <mailto:krice@freeswitch.org<mailto:krice@freeswitch.org>>> wrote:
     >         >
     >          >                     What version of FreeSWITCH are you building this against? ____
     >          >
     >          >
     >          >
     >          >
     >          >
     >         >
     >         >                     *From:*freeswitch-users-bounces@lists.freeswitch.org <mailto:freeswitch-users-bounces@lists.freeswitch.org>
     <mailto:freeswitch-users-bounces@lists.freeswitch.org <mailto:freeswitch-users-bounces@lists.freeswitch.org>>
      >         >                     [mailto:freeswitch-users-bounces@lists.freeswitch.org
     <mailto:freeswitch-users-bounces@lists.freeswitch.org> <mailto:freeswitch-users-bounces@lists.freeswitch.org
     <mailto:freeswitch-users-bounces@lists.freeswitch.org>>] *On Behalf
     >         Of *Chris Mandra
     >          >                     *Sent:* Wednesday, March 2, 2016 10:37 AM
      >         >                     *To:* FreeSWITCH Users Help <freeswitch-users@lists.freeswitch.org
     <mailto:freeswitch-users@lists.freeswitch.org> <mailto:freeswitch-users@lists.freeswitch.org
     <mailto:freeswitch-users@lists.freeswitch.org>>>
     >          >                     *Subject:* [Freeswitch-users] module question____
     >          >
     >         >
     >         >                     I unload, wipe the file reload and it says it's reloaded
     >         >                     This makes no sense
      >          >                     On Wednesday, March 2, 2016, Nathan Neulinger <nneul@mst.edu
     <mailto:nneul@mst.edu> <mailto:nneul@mst.edu <mailto:nneul@mst.edu>>>
     >         wrote:____
     >          >
     >          >                         I think he said earlier that if he shuts down completely, it works fine, but he's
     >         wanting to be
     >          >                         able to reload on the
     >          >                         fly to test new changes.
     >          >
     >          >                         -- Nathan
     >          >
     >          >                         On 03/02/2016 08:59 AM, Ken Rice wrote:
     >          >                          > Have you completely shut FreeSwitch down?  There is a chance when you unload a
     >         module, that
     >          >                         module doesn’t actually
     >          >                          > unload, its still loaded, just deactivated. You can easily verify this by making
     >         sure the .so
     >          >                         for the module is gone,
     >          >                          > and restarting FreeSWITCH completely.
     >          >                          > *From:*freeswitch-users-bounces@lists.freeswitch.org <mailto:freeswitch-users-bounces@lists.freeswitch.org>
     >         <mailto:freeswitch-users-bounces@lists.freeswitch.org <mailto:freeswitch-users-bounces@lists.freeswitch.org>>
      >          >                         [mailto:freeswitch-users-bounces@lists.freeswitch.org
     <mailto:freeswitch-users-bounces@lists.freeswitch.org>
     >         <mailto:freeswitch-users-bounces@lists.freeswitch.org <mailto:freeswitch-users-bounces@lists.freeswitch.org>>] *On Behalf
     >          >                          > Of *Chris Mandra
     >          >                          > *Sent:* Wednesday, March 2, 2016 8:30 AM
     >          >                          > *To:* FreeSWITCH Users Help <freeswitch-users@lists.freeswitch.org <mailto:freeswitch-users@lists.freeswitch.org>
      >         <mailto:freeswitch-users@lists.freeswitch.org <mailto:freeswitch-users@lists.freeswitch.org>>>
     >          >                          > *Subject:* Re: [Freeswitch-users] module question
     >          >                          > No, not chroot'd. I'm compiling a bunch of my own classes, could be my makefile?
     >          >                          > On Wednesday, March 2, 2016, Nathan Neulinger <nneul@mst.edu <mailto:nneul@mst.edu>
     >         <mailto:nneul@mst.edu <mailto:nneul@mst.edu>> <mailto:nneul@mst.edu <mailto:nneul@mst.edu> <mailto:nneul@mst.edu
     <mailto:nneul@mst.edu>>>> wrote:
     >          >                          >     Is there any chance you are running freeswitch chroot'd?
     >          >                          >     On 03/02/2016 06:14 AM, Chris Mandra wrote:
     >          >                          >      > Thank you for writing Stephen, I've already tried that, and that's how I
     >         know it's
     >          >                         reporting what it's reporting
     >          >                          >     and how
     >          >                          >      > it doesn't make any sense.
     >          >                          >      > Fs is reporting this: /usr/local/freeswitch/mod/mod_test_dsp.so
     >          >                          >      > however that file doesn’t even exist
     >          >                          >      > and yet it still says it’s loading it
     >          >                          >      > how is that possible?
     >          >                          >      > On Wednesday, March 2, 2016, Steven Ayre <steveayre@gmail.com <mailto:steveayre@gmail.com>
      >         <mailto:steveayre@gmail.com <mailto:steveayre@gmail.com>> <javascript:;>
      >          >                         <mailto:steveayre@gmail.com <mailto:steveayre@gmail.com>
     <mailto:steveayre@gmail.com <mailto:steveayre@gmail.com>>
     >          >                          >     <javascript:;>>> wrote:
     >          >                          >      >     When the file is loaded use find FreeSWITCH's PID and then use the
     >         'lsof -p $PID |
     >          >                         grep mod_' command...
     >          >                          >     it'll show
     >          >                          >      >     you a list of the modules FreeSWITCH currently has loaded. See if it's
     >         loading
     >          >                         from a different path that way.
     >          >                          >      >     On 2 March 2016 at 02:52, Chris Mandra <mandra@gmail.com <mailto:mandra@gmail.com>
      >         <mailto:mandra@gmail.com <mailto:mandra@gmail.com>> <javascript:;>
      >          >                          >     <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','mandra@gmail.com
     <mailto:mandra@gmail.com> <mailto:mandra@gmail.com <mailto:mandra@gmail.com>>
     >          >                          >      >         Any other ideas?
     >          >                          >      >         On Tuesday, March 1, 2016, Chris Mandra <mandra@gmail.com <mailto:mandra@gmail.com>
      >         <mailto:mandra@gmail.com <mailto:mandra@gmail.com>> <javascript:;>
      >          >                          >     <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','mandra@gmail.com
     <mailto:mandra@gmail.com> <mailto:mandra@gmail.com <mailto:mandra@gmail.com>>
     >          >                          >      >             Thanks for your responses so far guys. Italo, its only built
     >         from source
     >          >                         so I don't think that's the
     >          >                          >     issue.
     >          >                          >      >             This is baffling. I've tried it in more one machine, same result.
     >          >                          >      >             On Tuesday, March 1, 2016, Chris Mandra <mandra@gmail.com <mailto:mandra@gmail.com>
      >         <mailto:mandra@gmail.com <mailto:mandra@gmail.com>> <javascript:;>>
     >          >                         wrote:
     >          >                          >      >                 So, FS is reporting
     >          >                          >      >                 reporting this: /usr/local/freeswitch/mod/mod_test_dsp.so
     >          >                          >      >                 however that file doesn’t even exist
     >          >                          >      >                 and yet it still says it’s loading it
     >          >                          >      >                 how is that possible?
     >          >                          >      >                 On Tue, Mar 1, 2016 at 12:34 PM, Nathan Neulinger
      >         <nneul@mst.edu <mailto:nneul@mst.edu> <mailto:nneul@mst.edu <mailto:nneul@mst.edu>>
     >          >                         <javascript:;>> wrote:
     >          >                          >      >                     On 03/01/2016 09:41 AM, Chris Mandra wrote:
     >          >                          >      >                     > thanks for the reply Nathan - this is really weird:
     >          >                          >      >                     > after i remove the .so files (and make sure they're
     >         gone from my
     >          >                         disk)  it still reports it
     >          >                          >     successfully reloads
     >          >                          >      >                     Ok, so issue 'lsof -p PID_OF_FREESWITCH' and look for
     >         the path to
     >          >                         the .so file that it
     >          >                          >     loaded. It's
     >          >                          >      >                     likely pulling it in
     >          >                          >      >                     from a different location.
     >          >                          >      >                     Or 'strace -v -f -s 500 -o /tmp/trc -p
     >         PID_OF_FREESWITCH', then
     >          >                         issue the reload, then kill the
     >          >                          >      >                     strace and look for what
     >          >                          >      >                     file/path it searched/etc.
     >          >                          >      >                     -- Nathan
     >           ------------------------------------------------------------
      >          >                          >      >                     Nathan Neulinger nneul@mst.edu
     <mailto:nneul@mst.edu> <mailto:nneul@mst.edu <mailto:nneul@mst.edu>>
     >         <javascript:;>
     >          >                          >      >                     Missouri S&T Information Technology[url=tel:%28573%29%20612-1412](573) 612-1412[/url] <[url=tel:%28573%29%20612-1412]tel:%28573%29%20612-1412[/url]>
     >         <[url=tel:%28573%29%20612-1412]tel:%28573%29%20612-1412[/url]>
     >          >                         <[url=tel:%28573%29%20612-1412]tel:%28573%29%20612-1412[/url]> <[url=tel:%28573%29%20612-1412]tel:%28573%29%20612-1412[/url]>
     >         >                          >      >                     System Administrator - Architect
     >         >                           _________________________________________________________________________
     >         >                          >      >                     Professional FreeSWITCH Consulting Services:
      >         >                          >      >consulting@freeswitch.org <mailto:consulting@freeswitch.org>
     <mailto:consulting@freeswitch.org <mailto:consulting@freeswitch.org>> <javascript:;>
     >         >                          >      >                     Official FreeSWITCH Sites
     >         >                          >      >                     FreeSWITCH-users mailing list
      >         >                          >      >FreeSWITCH-users@lists.freeswitch.org
     <mailto:FreeSWITCH-users@lists.freeswitch.org> <mailto:FreeSWITCH-users@lists.freeswitch.org
     <mailto:FreeSWITCH-users@lists.freeswitch.org>> <javascript:;>
     >         >                           UNSUBSCRIBE:http://lists.freeswitch.org/mailman/options/freeswitch-users
     >         >                          >      >                 --
     >         >                          >      >                 mandra
     >          >                          >      >                 c:[url=tel:410.258.5281]410.258.5281[/url] <[url=tel:410.258.5281]tel:410.258.5281[/url]> <[url=tel:410.258.5281]tel:410.258.5281[/url] <[url=tel:410.258.5281]tel:410.258.5281[/url]>> <[url=tel:410.258.5281]tel:410.258.5281[/url] <[url=tel:410.258.5281]tel:410.258.5281[/url]>
      >         <[url=tel:410.258.5281]tel:410.258.5281[/url] <[url=tel:410.258.5281]tel:410.258.5281[/url]>>> <[url=tel:410.258.5281]tel:410.258.5281[/url] <[url=tel:410.258.5281]tel:410.258.5281[/url]> <[url=tel:410.258.5281]tel:410.258.5281[/url]
     <[url=tel:410.258.5281]tel:410.258.5281[/url]>>>
     >          >                          >      >             --
     >          >                          >      >             mandra
     >          >                          >      >             c:[url=tel:410.258.5281]410.258.5281[/url] <[url=tel:410.258.5281]tel:410.258.5281[/url]> <[url=tel:410.258.5281]tel:410.258.5281[/url] <[url=tel:410.258.5281]tel:410.258.5281[/url]>> <[url=tel:410.258.5281]tel:410.258.5281[/url] <[url=tel:410.258.5281]tel:410.258.5281[/url]>
      >         <[url=tel:410.258.5281]tel:410.258.5281[/url] <[url=tel:410.258.5281]tel:410.258.5281[/url]>>> <[url=tel:410.258.5281]tel:410.258.5281[/url] <[url=tel:410.258.5281]tel:410.258.5281[/url]> <[url=tel:410.258.5281]tel:410.258.5281[/url]
     >          >                          >      >         --
     >          >                          >      >         mandra
     >          >                          >      >         c:[url=tel:410.258.5281]410.258.5281[/url] <[url=tel:410.258.5281]tel:410.258.5281[/url]> <[url=tel:410.258.5281]tel:410.258.5281[/url] <[url=tel:410.258.5281]tel:410.258.5281[/url]>> <[url=tel:410.258.5281]tel:410.258.5281[/url] <[url=tel:410.258.5281]tel:410.258.5281[/url]>
     >         >                          >      >         _________________________________________________________________________
     >         >                          >      >         Professional FreeSWITCH Consulting Services:
      >         >                          >      >consulting@freeswitch.org <mailto:consulting@freeswitch.org>
     <mailto:consulting@freeswitch.org <mailto:consulting@freeswitch.org>> <javascript:;>
      >         >                         <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','consulting@freeswitch.org
     <mailto:consulting@freeswitch.org> <mailto:consulting@freeswitch.org <mailto:consulting@freeswitch.org>>
     <javascript:;>');>
     >         >                          >      >         Official FreeSWITCH Sites
     >         >                          >      >         FreeSWITCH-users mailing list
      >         >                          >      >FreeSWITCH-users@lists.freeswitch.org
     <mailto:FreeSWITCH-users@lists.freeswitch.org> <mailto:FreeSWITCH-users@lists.freeswitch.org
      >         >                          >     <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','FreeSWITCH-users@lists.freeswitch.org
     <mailto:FreeSWITCH-users@lists.freeswitch.org>> <javascript:;>');>
     >         >                          >      >         UNSUBSCRIBE:http://lists.freeswitch.org/mailman/options/freeswitch-users
     >         >                          >      > --
     >         >                          >      > mandra
      >         >                          >      > c:[url=tel:410.258.5281]410.258.5281[/url] <[url=tel:410.258.5281]tel:410.258.5281[/url]> <[url=tel:410.258.5281]tel:410.258.5281[/url]
     <[url=tel:410.258.5281]tel:410.258.5281[/url]>> <[url=tel:410.258.5281]tel:410.258.5281[/url] <[url=tel:410.258.5281]tel:410.258.5281[/url]> <[url=tel:410.258.5281]tel:410.258.5281[/url] <[url=tel:410.258.5281]tel:410.258.5281[/url]>>>
     >         >                          >      > _________________________________________________________________________
     >         >                          >      > Professional FreeSWITCH Consulting Services:
     >         >                          >      > Official FreeSWITCH Sites
     >         >                          >      > FreeSWITCH-users mailing list
     >         >                          >      > UNSUBSCRIBE:http://lists.freeswitch.org/mailman/options/freeswitch-users
     >         >                          >     --
     >         >                          >     ------------------------------------------------------------
      >         >                          >     Nathan Neulingernneul@mst.edu <mailto:Neulingernneul@mst.edu>
     <mailto:nneul@mst.edu <mailto:nneul@mst.edu>> <javascript:;>
      >         >                          >     Missouri S&T Information Technology[url=tel:%28573%29%20612-1412](573) 612-1412[/url]
     <[url=tel:%28573%29%20612-1412]tel:%28573%29%20612-1412[/url]> <[url=tel:%28573%29%20612-1412]tel:%28573%29%20612-1412[/url]> <[url=tel:%28573%29%20612-1412]tel:%28573%29%20612-1412[/url]>
     >         >                          >     System Administrator - Architect
     >         >                          >     _________________________________________________________________________
     >         >                          >     Professional FreeSWITCH Consulting Services:
      >         >                          >consulting@freeswitch.org <mailto:consulting@freeswitch.org>
     >         >                          >     Official FreeSWITCH Sites
     >         >                          >     FreeSWITCH-users mailing list
      >         >                          >FreeSWITCH-users@lists.freeswitch.org
     >         >                          >     UNSUBSCRIBE:http://lists.freeswitch.org/mailman/options/freeswitch-users
     >         >                          > --
     >         >                          > mandra
      >         >                          > c:[url=tel:410.258.5281]410.258.5281[/url] <[url=tel:410.258.5281]tel:410.258.5281[/url]> <[url=tel:410.258.5281]tel:410.258.5281[/url] <[url=tel:410.258.5281]tel:410.258.5281[/url]>>
     <[url=tel:410.258.5281]tel:410.258.5281[/url] <[url=tel:410.258.5281]tel:410.258.5281[/url]> <[url=tel:410.258.5281]tel:410.258.5281[/url] <[url=tel:410.258.5281]tel:410.258.5281[/url]>>>
     >         >                          > _________________________________________________________________________
     >         >                          > Professional FreeSWITCH Consulting Services:
      >         >                          >consulting@freeswitch.org <mailto:consulting@freeswitch.org>
     <mailto:consulting@freeswitch.org <mailto:consulting@freeswitch.org>>
     >         >                          > Official FreeSWITCH Sites
     >         >                          > FreeSWITCH-users mailing list
      >         >                          >FreeSWITCH-users@lists.freeswitch.org
     <mailto:FreeSWITCH-users@lists.freeswitch.org>>
     >         >                          > UNSUBSCRIBE:http://lists.freeswitch.org/mailman/options/freeswitch-users
     >         >
     >         >                         --
     >         >                         ------------------------------------------------------------
      >         >                         Nathan Neulingernneul@mst.edu <mailto:Neulingernneul@mst.edu>
     <mailto:nneul@mst.edu <mailto:nneul@mst.edu>>
      >         >                         Missouri S&T Information Technology[url=tel:%28573%29%20612-1412](573) 612-1412[/url] <[url=tel:%28573%29%20612-1412]tel:%28573%29%20612-1412[/url]>
     <[url=tel:%28573%29%20612-1412]tel:%28573%29%20612-1412[/url]> <[url=tel:%28573%29%20612-1412]tel:%28573%29%20612-1412[/url]>
     >         >                         System Administrator - Architect
     >         >
     >         >                         _________________________________________________________________________
     >         >                         Professional FreeSWITCH Consulting Services:
      >         >consulting@freeswitch.org <mailto:consulting@freeswitch.org> <mailto:consulting@freeswitch.org
     <mailto:consulting@freeswitch.org>>
     >         >http://www.freeswitchsolutions.com
     >         >
     >         >                         Official FreeSWITCH Sites
     >         >http://www.freeswitch.org
     >         >http://confluence.freeswitch.org
     >         >http://www.cluecon.com
     >         >
     >         >                         FreeSWITCH-users mailing list
      >         >FreeSWITCH-users@lists.freeswitch.org <mailto:FreeSWITCH-users@lists.freeswitch.org>
     <mailto:FreeSWITCH-users@lists.freeswitch.org <mailto:FreeSWITCH-users@lists.freeswitch.org>>
     >         >http://lists.freeswitch.org/mailman/listinfo/freeswitch-users
     >         >                         UNSUBSCRIBE:http://lists.freeswitch.org/mailman/options/freeswitch-users
     >          >http://www.freeswitch.org____
     >          >
     >          >
     >          >
     >          >                     --
     >          >                     mandra
      >          >                     c:[url=tel:410.258.5281]410.258.5281[/url] <[url=tel:410.258.5281]tel:410.258.5281[/url]> <[url=tel:410.258.5281]tel:410.258.5281[/url] <[url=tel:410.258.5281]tel:410.258.5281[/url]>>
     <[url=tel:410.258.5281]tel:410.258.5281[/url] <[url=tel:410.258.5281]tel:410.258.5281[/url]> <[url=tel:410.258.5281]tel:410.258.5281[/url] <[url=tel:410.258.5281]tel:410.258.5281[/url]>>>____
     >          >
     >          >
     >          >                     _________________________________________________________________________
     >          >                     Professional FreeSWITCH Consulting Services:
      >          > consulting@freeswitch.org <mailto:consulting@freeswitch.org> <mailto:consulting@freeswitch.org
     <mailto:consulting@freeswitch.org>>
     >          >http://www.freeswitchsolutions.com
     >          >
     >          >                     Official FreeSWITCH Sites
     >          >http://confluence.freeswitch.org
     >          >http://www.cluecon.com
     >          >
     >          >                     FreeSWITCH-users mailing list
      >          > FreeSWITCH-users@lists.freeswitch.org <mailto:FreeSWITCH-users@lists.freeswitch.org>
     <mailto:FreeSWITCH-users@lists.freeswitch.org <mailto:FreeSWITCH-users@lists.freeswitch.org>>
     >          >http://lists.freeswitch.org/mailman/listinfo/freeswitch-users
     >          >                     UNSUBSCRIBE:http://lists.freeswitch.org/mailman/options/freeswitch-users
     >          >
     >          >
     >          >
     >          >
     >          >                 --
     >          >                 mandra
      >          >                 c:[url=tel:410.258.5281]410.258.5281[/url] <[url=tel:410.258.5281]tel:410.258.5281[/url]> <[url=tel:410.258.5281]tel:410.258.5281[/url] <[url=tel:410.258.5281]tel:410.258.5281[/url]>>
     >          >
     >          >
     >          >
     >          >             --
     >          >             mandra
     >  >     >          > --
     >          > mandra
     >          > c:[url=tel:410.258.5281]410.258.5281[/url] <[url=tel:410.258.5281]tel:410.258.5281[/url]> <[url=tel:410.258.5281]tel:410.258.5281[/url] <[url=tel:410.2]tel:410.2[/url]>      >          > >     <mailto:>     <mailto:>     > >    >  >

mike at jerris.com

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:00 pm    Post subject: [Freeswitch-users] module question Reply with quote

piotrek.gregor at gmai...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:44 am    Post subject: [Freeswitch-users] module question Reply with quote

Chris,could you show us the output of
g++ -v
please?

cheers,
Piotr
mandra at gmail.com

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:45 am    Post subject: [Freeswitch-users] module question Reply with quote

Hi Piotr, here you go:

g++ -v
Using built-in specs.
COLLECT_GCC=g++
COLLECT_LTO_WRAPPER=/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/4.9/lto-wrapper
Target: x86_64-linux-gnu
Configured with: ../src/configure -v --with-pkgversion='Debian 4.9.2-10' --with-bugurl=file:///usr/share/doc/gcc-4.9/README.Bugs --enable-languages=c,c++,java,go,d,fortran,objc,obj-c++ --prefix=/usr --program-suffix=-4.9 --enable-shared --enable-linker-build-id --libexecdir=/usr/lib --without-included-gettext --enable-threads=posix --with-gxx-include-dir=/usr/include/c++/4.9 --libdir=/usr/lib --enable-nls --with-sysroot=/ --enable-clocale=gnu --enable-libstdcxx-debug --enable-libstdcxx-time=yes --enable-gnu-unique-object --disable-vtable-verify --enable-plugin --with-system-zlib --disable-browser-plugin --enable-java-awt=gtk --enable-gtk-cairo --with-java-home=/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5.0-gcj-4.9-amd64/jre --enable-java-home --with-jvm-root-dir=/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5.0-gcj-4.9-amd64 --with-jvm-jar-dir=/usr/lib/jvm-exports/java-1.5.0-gcj-4.9-amd64 --with-arch-directory=amd64 --with-ecj-jar=/usr/share/java/eclipse-ecj.jar --enable-objc-gc --enable-multiarch --with-arch-32=i586 --with-abi=m64 --with-multilib-list=m32,m64,mx32 --enable-multilib --with-tune=generic --enable-checking=release --build=x86_64-linux-gnu --host=x86_64-linux-gnu --target=x86_64-linux-gnu
Thread model: posix
gcc version 4.9.2 (Debian 4.9.2-10)

On Thu, Mar 10, 2016 at 6:42 AM, Piotr Gregor <piotrek.gregor@gmail.com (piotrek.gregor@gmail.com)> wrote:
Quote:
g++ -v
please?

cheers,
Piotr

Official FreeSWITCH Sites
http://www.freeswitch.org
http://confluence.freeswitch.org
http://www.cluecon.com

FreeSWITCH-users mailing list
FreeSWITCH-users@lists.freeswitch.org (FreeSWITCH-users@lists.freeswitch.org)
http://lists.freeswitch.org/mailman/listinfo/freeswitch-users
UNSUBSCRIBE:http://lists.freeswitch.org/mailman/options/freeswitch-users

--
mandra
piotrek.gregor at gmai...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:17 am    Post subject: [Freeswitch-users] module question Reply with quote

Hi Chris,-fpermissive flag might hide some nasty errors. It is described as:
"Downgrade some diagnostics about nonconformant code from errors to warnings. Thus, using -fpermissive allows some nonconforming code to compile."
Will your module compile without -fpermissive flag?

cheers,
Piotr

On 10 March 2016 at 12:43, Chris Mandra <mandra@gmail.com (mandra@gmail.com)> wrote:
Quote:
Hi Piotr, here you go:

g++ -v
Using built-in specs.
COLLECT_GCC=g++
Configured with: ../src/configure -v --with-pkgversion='Debian 4.9.2-10' --with-bugurl=file:///usr/share/doc/gcc-4.9/README.Bugs --enable-languages=c,c++,java,go,d,fortran,objc,obj-c++ --prefix=/usr --program-suffix=-4.9 --enable-shared --enable-linker-build-id --libexecdir=/usr/lib --without-included-gettext --enable-threads=posix --with-gxx-include-dir=/usr/include/c++/4.9 --libdir=/usr/lib --enable-nls --with-sysroot=/ --enable-clocale=gnu --enable-libstdcxx-debug --enable-libstdcxx-time=yes --enable-gnu-unique-object --disable-vtable-verify --enable-plugin --with-system-zlib --disable-browser-plugin --enable-java-awt=gtk --enable-gtk-cairo --with-java-home=/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5.0-gcj-4.9-amd64/jre --enable-java-home --with-jvm-root-dir=/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5.0-gcj-4.9-amd64 --with-jvm-jar-dir=/usr/lib/jvm-exports/java-1.5.0-gcj-4.9-amd64 --with-arch-directory=amd64 --with-ecj-jar=/usr/share/java/eclipse-ecj.jar --enable-objc-gc --enable-multiarch --with-arch-32=i586 --with-abi=m64 --with-multilib-list=m32,m64,mx32 --enable-multilib --with-tune=generic --enable-checking=release --build=x86_64-linux-gnu --host=x86_64-linux-gnu --target=x86_64-linux-gnu

On Thu, Mar 10, 2016 at 6:42 AM, Piotr Gregor <piotrek.gregor@gmail.com (piotrek.gregor@gmail.com)> wrote:

Quote:
g++ -v
please?

cheers,
Piotr

--
mandra
c:[url=tel:410.258.5281]410.258.5281[/url]

--
Piotr Gregor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
mobile: 00447503707797
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
mandra at gmail.com

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:34 am    Post subject: [Freeswitch-users] module question Reply with quote

I'll let you know what I find with the fpermissive flag removed.  Is there anything special I need to do if I'm if I'm writing module in C++, for instance do I need to explicitly use swig or something? Is there a set of predefined variables and directives or best practices that I should be following for this?Thanks, 
Chris

On Thursday, March 10, 2016, Piotr Gregor <piotrek.gregor@gmail.com (piotrek.gregor@gmail.com)> wrote:
Quote:
Hi Chris,-fpermissive flag might hide some nasty errors. It is described as:
"Downgrade some diagnostics about nonconformant code from errors to warnings. Thus, using -fpermissive allows some nonconforming code to compile."
Will your module compile without -fpermissive flag?

cheers,
Piotr

On 10 March 2016 at 12:43, Chris Mandra <[url=javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','mandra@gmail.com');]mandra@gmail.com[/url]> wrote:
Quote:
Hi Piotr, here you go:

g++ -v
Using built-in specs.
COLLECT_GCC=g++

On Thu, Mar 10, 2016 at 6:42 AM, Piotr Gregor <[url=javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','piotrek.gregor@gmail.com');]piotrek.gregor@gmail.com[/url]> wrote:

Quote:
g++ -v
please?

cheers,
Piotr

[url=javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','FreeSWITCH-users@lists.freeswitch.org');]FreeSWITCH-users@lists.freeswitch.org[/url]

--
mandra
c:[url=tel:410.258.5281]410.258.5281[/url]

[url=javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','FreeSWITCH-users@lists.freeswitch.org');]FreeSWITCH-users@lists.freeswitch.org[/url]

--
Piotr Gregor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
mobile: 00447503707797
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--
mandra
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VoIP Mailing List Archives Forum Index -> freeSWITCH Users All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: