Sponsor: VoiceMeUp - Corporate & Wholesale VoIP Services

VoIP Mailing List Archives
Mailing list archives for the VoIP community
 SearchSearch 

[Freeswitch-users] Disable picture_fast_update INFO requests

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VoIP Mailing List Archives Forum Index -> freeSWITCH Users
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fabiomargarido at gmai...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:41 am    Post subject: [Freeswitch-users] Disable picture_fast_update INFO requests Reply with quote

Hi there.

I'm trying a scenario in which FreeSWITCH sits between a WebRTC endpoint and an IMS network, performing media conversion.

When a call is established, FS starts to send INFO requests with an application/media_control+xml body related to RFC 5168. The WebRTC endpoint always responds with 415 Unsupported Media Type (the web application uses sip.js) and the IMS network sometimes responds with 500 Server Internal Error. The problem I have is that FS sends that request every second to both sides and keeps doing so for as long as the call is answered.

My question is whether it would stop or at least scale down the frequency if both sides replied with 200 OK, or alternatively if there is a way to disable the sending of these requests. I've looked at the documentation and the mailing list history but couldn't find anything conclusive.

Thanks in advance.
fabiomargarido at gmai...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:44 pm    Post subject: [Freeswitch-users] Disable picture_fast_update INFO requests Reply with quote

Anyone?

From what I understood reading other discussions regarding this request on the list, this is an obsolete way of requesting a picture refresh and that the ideal way would be via RTCP. Does FreeSWITCH support both? If that's the case, shouldn't there be a flag which allows to choose which method to use?

Thanks.

On Wed, Mar 9, 2016 at 3:01 PM Fabio Margarido <fabiomargarido@gmail.com (fabiomargarido@gmail.com)> wrote:

Quote:
Hi there.

I'm trying a scenario in which FreeSWITCH sits between a WebRTC endpoint and an IMS network, performing media conversion.

When a call is established, FS starts to send INFO requests with an application/media_control+xml body related to RFC 5168. The WebRTC endpoint always responds with 415 Unsupported Media Type (the web application uses sip.js) and the IMS network sometimes responds with 500 Server Internal Error. The problem I have is that FS sends that request every second to both sides and keeps doing so for as long as the call is answered.

My question is whether it would stop or at least scale down the frequency if both sides replied with 200 OK, or alternatively if there is a way to disable the sending of these requests. I've looked at the documentation and the mailing list history but couldn't find anything conclusive.

Thanks in advance.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VoIP Mailing List Archives Forum Index -> freeSWITCH Users All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: