Sponsor: VoiceMeUp - Corporate & Wholesale VoIP Services

VoIP Mailing List Archives
Mailing list archives for the VoIP community
 SearchSearch 

[asterisk-users] Asterisk 13.10.0 just randomly got pjsip endpoint amnesia.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VoIP Mailing List Archives Forum Index -> Asterisk Users
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lardconcepts at gmail.com

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:19 pm    Post subject: [asterisk-users] Asterisk 13.10.0 just randomly got pjsip en Reply with quote

Here's a weirdness - I got a call from someone who couldn't get to my info line earlier, I tried it and it was busy tone.

Being on a layby beside a road on a mobile on a long journey, my only real option was a remote server reboot so I couldn't diagnose further.

That fixed it, but here's the weirdness:

[Aug 23 14:16:59] NOTICE[5923] res_pjsip/pjsip_distributor.c: Request 'INVITE' from '"thecallerID" <sip:017XXXXXXXX@46.31.X.X>' failed for '46.31.X.X:5060' (callid: VF0046af0fc3f12e7dddb70d62974exx@voipfone) - No matching endpoint found
[Aug 23 14:17:25] NOTICE[5923] res_pjsip/pjsip_distributor.c: Request 'INVITE' from '"thecallerID" <sip:017XXXXXXXX@46.31.X.X>' failed for '46.31.X.X:5060' (callid: VFdfc3ae4343390139cb285533bc97xx@voipfone) - No matching endpoint found
[Aug 23 14:18:01] NOTICE[5923] res_pjsip/pjsip_distributor.c: Request 'INVITE' from '"thecallerID" <sip:017XXXXXXXX@46.31.X.X>' failed for '46.31.X.X:5060' (callid: VF9f956b236cef2b7609037335db7xx@voipfone) - No matching endpoint found
[Aug 23 14:28:54] NOTICE[4014] res_pjsip/pjsip_distributor.c: Request 'INVITE' from '"thecallerID" <sip:017XXXXXXXX@46.31.X.X>' failed for '46.31.X.X:5060' (callid: VFb797ae4a6e90a05a480de806afxxe@voipfone) - No matching endpoint found

All I can tell you is that this server has been up and running for 3 months without problem (occasional reboot).

The host's monitors showed no strange spikes, it didn't run out of memory, and I can find nothing in syslog related to Asterisk between a known "good" time and the time of the failed calls.

And of course, the Asterisk process didn't crash, otherwise it wouldn't be writing to logs.

The only thing that might be relevant is that yesterday,  the ITSP increased its IP address ranges, but I already had those ranges listed in iptables and pjsip.conf.

And besides, if the traffic hadn't been blocked, then, again, it wouldn't have made it through  to Asterisk to get logged. Am I correct?

So, it's like it somehow got amnesia. The only other strange thing I am doing is running this script at just after midnight each night, although it's been running just fine for a couple of weeks now.

(It's a workaround for a moh fiddle I'm running - see a previous post but I can't see it as being relevant).

pkill mpg123 >> /root/tidy.log
/usr/sbin/asterisk -x "moh reload" >> /root/tidy.log
/usr/sbin/asterisk -x "database query \"DELETE FROM \`astdb\` WHERE \`key\` LIKE \'%Last%\';\"" >> /root/tidy.log

So... it just seems like Asterisk got pjsip endpoint amnesia - is that possible? Anyone come across this before?

Thanks.
gjoseph at digium.com

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:16 pm    Post subject: [asterisk-users] Asterisk 13.10.0 just randomly got pjsip en Reply with quote

On Tue, Aug 23, 2016 at 11:19 AM, Jonathan H <lardconcepts@gmail.com (lardconcepts@gmail.com)> wrote:
Quote:
Here's a weirdness - I got a call from someone who couldn't get to my info line earlier, I tried it and it was busy tone.

Being on a layby beside a road on a mobile on a long journey, my only real option was a remote server reboot so I couldn't diagnose further.

That fixed it, but here's the weirdness:

[Aug 23 14:16:59] NOTICE[5923] res_pjsip/pjsip_distributor.c: Request 'INVITE' from '"thecallerID" <sip:017XXXXXXXX@46.31.X.X>' failed for '46.31.X.X:5060' (callid: VF0046af0fc3f12e7dddb70d62974exx@voipfone) - No matching endpoint found
[Aug 23 14:17:25] NOTICE[5923] res_pjsip/pjsip_distributor.c: Request 'INVITE' from '"thecallerID" <sip:017XXXXXXXX@46.31.X.X>' failed for '46.31.X.X:5060' (callid: VFdfc3ae4343390139cb285533bc97xx@voipfone) - No matching endpoint found
[Aug 23 14:18:01] NOTICE[5923] res_pjsip/pjsip_distributor.c: Request 'INVITE' from '"thecallerID" <sip:017XXXXXXXX@46.31.X.X>' failed for '46.31.X.X:5060' (callid: VF9f956b236cef2b7609037335db7xx@voipfone) - No matching endpoint found
[Aug 23 14:28:54] NOTICE[4014] res_pjsip/pjsip_distributor.c: Request 'INVITE' from '"thecallerID" <sip:017XXXXXXXX@46.31.X.X>' failed for '46.31.X.X:5060' (callid: VFb797ae4a6e90a05a480de806afxxe@voipfone) - No matching endpoint found

Assuming you have an "identify" object defined for the ITSP, it sounds like it didn't match for some reason.  You might want to double check the "match" parameter.  Maybe there's a typo or something and the ITSP just happened to use one of the new addresses for that particular call.

Quote:

All I can tell you is that this server has been up and running for 3 months without problem (occasional reboot).

The host's monitors showed no strange spikes, it didn't run out of memory, and I can find nothing in syslog related to Asterisk between a known "good" time and the time of the failed calls.

And of course, the Asterisk process didn't crash, otherwise it wouldn't be writing to logs.

The only thing that might be relevant is that yesterday,  the ITSP increased its IP address ranges, but I already had those ranges listed in iptables and pjsip.conf.

And besides, if the traffic hadn't been blocked, then, again, it wouldn't have made it through  to Asterisk to get logged. Am I correct?

So, it's like it somehow got amnesia. The only other strange thing I am doing is running this script at just after midnight each night, although it's been running just fine for a couple of weeks now.

(It's a workaround for a moh fiddle I'm running - see a previous post but I can't see it as being relevant).

pkill mpg123 >> /root/tidy.log
/usr/sbin/asterisk -x "moh reload" >> /root/tidy.log
/usr/sbin/asterisk -x "database query \"DELETE FROM \`astdb\` WHERE \`key\` LIKE \'%Last%\';\"" >> /root/tidy.log

So... it just seems like Asterisk got pjsip endpoint amnesia - is that possible? Anyone come across this before?

Thanks.

--

Join the Asterisk Community at the 13th AstriCon, September 27-29, 2016
      http://www.asterisk.org/community/astricon-user-conference

New to Asterisk? Start here:
      https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Getting+Started

asterisk-users mailing list
To UNSUBSCRIBE or update options visit:
   http://lists.digium.com/mailman/listinfo/asterisk-users

--
George JosephDigium, Inc. | Software Developer
445 Jan Davis Drive NW - Huntsville, AL 35806 - US
Check us out at: www.digium.com & www.asterisk.org
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VoIP Mailing List Archives Forum Index -> Asterisk Users All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: