Sponsor: VoiceMeUp - Corporate & Wholesale VoIP Services

VoIP Mailing List Archives
Mailing list archives for the VoIP community
 SearchSearch 

[asterisk-users] send a call to moh until user is available

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VoIP Mailing List Archives Forum Index -> Asterisk Users
View previous topic :: View next topic  
atux at null.net

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:25 am    Post subject: [asterisk-users] send a call to moh until user is available Reply with quote

in asterisk 11 i have an extension 4450 that gets all the calls from a particular number (eg 1234567890).
in extensions.conf i do have the following:
exten => 1234567890,n,Dial(SIP/4450,20,mg)
exten => 1234567890,n,Hangup()

the problem that i have is that when extension 4450 is busy then the call goes to hangup. i would like if the extension 4450 is busy the caller to hear moh and when available return to the extension 4450. I would like that to be for 1 minute, then busy (3) and then hangup.
could someone provide me an example, please?
mefhigoseth at gmail.com

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:17 am    Post subject: [asterisk-users] send a call to moh until user is available Reply with quote

Hi Tux John,
The behavior you need is cover in Asterisk within a Queue.
1. Create a new queue in queues.conf and assign as static member, the 4450 extension.
2. In your dialplan, you need to route the incomming calls to the new queue and pass as argument the timeout in seconds you want when hangup the waiting calls.
When a new call arrives, it enter the queue. The Callee ear moh music, while the 4450 ring if its available. Ir not, the queue system wait until the 4450 become available, an then send the call.
Please, refer to http://www.asteriskguru.com/tutorials/queues.html
The #3 title (simple queue) is all you need.
Cheers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VoIP Mailing List Archives Forum Index -> Asterisk Users All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: