Sponsor: VoiceMeUp - Corporate & Wholesale VoIP Services

VoIP Mailing List Archives
Mailing list archives for the VoIP community
 SearchSearch 

[asterisk-users] Multiple readfile oddities, newlines etc

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VoIP Mailing List Archives Forum Index -> Asterisk Users
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lardconcepts at gmail.com

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:33 am    Post subject: [asterisk-users] Multiple readfile oddities, newlines etc Reply with quote

I have a plain text file, ASCII, unix line breaks. 1 single line, and all that is in it is the word "radio".

Here's some test dialplan:

exten => 5,1,Verbose(Context: ${CONTEXT} Exten:${EXTEN})

same => n,Set(feature=${FILE(/home/test/feature-1.txt,0,1,l,u)})
    same => n,Verbose(${feature})

same => n,Set(featurefile=/home/test/feature-1.txt)
    same => n,Set(feature2=${FILE(${featurefile},0,1,l,u)})
    same => n,Verbose(${feature2})

Both should output "radio", right? Here's the output:

-- Executing [5@fromvoipfone201:2] Set("PJSIP/6001-00000052", "feature=radio") in new stack
    -- Executing [5@fromvoipfone201:3] Verbose("PJSIP/6001-00000052", "radio") in new stack
radio

-- Executing [5@fromvoipfone201:4] Set("PJSIP/6001-00000052", "featurefile=/home/test/feature-1.txt") in new stack
    -- Executing [5@fromvoipfone201:5] Set("PJSIP/6001-00000052", "feature2=radi") in new stack                                                         GAAAAARRRGGGHHHH!  ^^^^^

-- Executing [5@fromvoipfone201:6] Verbose("PJSIP/6001-00000052", "radi") in new stack

And this is what's just at the top of the script. If I put it way down in another context:

-- Executing [s@track-handler:3] Verbose("Local/s@root-00000026;2", "/home/test/feature-1") in new stack
/home/test/feature-1
    -- Executing [s@track-handler:4] Set("Local/s@root-00000026;2", "feature=radio▒▒") in new stack 
                                                    EVEN MORE GAAAAARRRGGGHHHH!  ^^^^^

[Oct 17 13:29:33] ERROR[5093][C-0000003c]: json.c:704 ast_json_vpack: Error building JSON from '{s: s, s: s}': Invalid UTF-8 string.
[Oct 17 13:29:33] ERROR[5093][C-0000003c]: stasis_channels.c:773 ast_channel_publish_varset: Error creating message
    -- Executing [s@track-handler:5] Verbose("Local/s@root-00000026;2", "radio▒▒") in new stack
radio▒▒
    -- Executing [s@track-handler:6] GotoIf("Local/s@root-00000026;2", "1?radio▒▒,s,1") in new stack

So, at the top of the file, when it's just a straight file as the filename, it gives the full word. If the filename is a variable, it strips and character. And further down, same thing, but it adds two weird blocks, which appear side by side in the console, but weirdly, stacked up in this email.

(Oh, by the way, if there is more than one line in the file, even if I used "u" for line breaks, it adds a newline to the variable, Is that correct?)

What am I missing? I've opened it in both nano and notepad++, I've used iconv and all the tools I can think of to check that file, and all the asterisk conf files, too.
It all looks as it should here:

$ cat feature-1.txt
radio$ file feature-1.txt
feature-1.txt: ASCII text
$ wc -l feature-1.txt
0 feature-1.txt
wc -c feature-1.txt
5 feature-1.txt

After 6 hours struggling with this, I think I'm starting to lose the plot. Can anyone tell me where I'm going wrong? Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VoIP Mailing List Archives Forum Index -> Asterisk Users All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: