Sponsor: VoiceMeUp - Corporate & Wholesale VoIP Services

VoIP Mailing List Archives
Mailing list archives for the VoIP community
 SearchSearch 

[asterisk-biz] Video call recording and mobile push notifications

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VoIP Mailing List Archives Forum Index -> Asterisk Business
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin at havesoft.com

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:15 am    Post subject: [asterisk-biz] Video call recording and mobile push notifica Reply with quote

Hi,

I would like to setup up my SIP server / PBX for my business, likes broadsoft, now we have some candidates:

1. Open source solution:
  •     Asterisk PBX, 
  •     Freeswitch PBX
  •     Kamailio
  •    OpenSIPS

2. Business solution:

Below features are mandatory for our project:
  • Video call recording (For the finance industry, the video recording is necessary)
  • Push notifications for mobile app
  • Multi-tenant support
  • Both Linux and Windows support (at 1st stage, we would like to run it on Windows server and migrate it to Linux server in the future if users increased), the Linux support is required, the Windows support is preferred.

We have some questions:
  1. Does the the Asterisk can works as the Broadsoft ?
  2. If yes, does the Asteirsk  support push notifications and video recording ?
  3. Does the  Asteirsk   can works for Multi-tenant ?
  4. If Asteirsk doesn't support push notifications, does there has any 3rd plugin supported ?

So far according to our research, with the business solution:
  • The Vodia PBX, PortSIP PBX and brrekeke all are support Multi-tenant, the 3CX is not. 
  • The 3CX and PortSIP support push notifications, 
  • The PortSIP also provide client SDK, with 3CX we only see the 3CX provide client apps, does 3CX has client SDK provided ?
  • It's seems all these PBX are support video recording ?
  • The PortSIP PBX and 3CX both support Linux.

Please help me to make the decision, we are plan host a service likes broadsoft, base on your experiences, which one (open source or business solution) is good to us ?   I'm really new to VoIP...

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
bryantz at zktech.com

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:08 am    Post subject: [asterisk-biz] Video call recording and mobile push notifica Reply with quote

Jeremy

Asterisk Does not have a mobile app that comes with it. We use a 3ed party app with push support to great success.

Base asterisk does not come with a full featured multitenant pbx. It is a foundational engine that you can develop your own PBX on top of. We have developed a fully multitenant solution that we have offered for years successfully so it is possible.

You would not want to run asterisk under Windows. There are a number of issues when doing this. I have run phone systems over the years for customers on both Windows and Linux. Linux is a solid foundation for doing so Windows is not primarily due to the Windows Update system.

Hope this helps. If you do decide to go the Asterisk route please keep me in mind if you require any consulting assistance.

Bryant Zimmerman

Sr. Systems Architect
Grand Dial Communications, A ZK Tech Inc. Company
616-299-5607 (mobile)
616-855-1030 Ext. 2003 (office)

Sent: 7/2/18 10:15 AM
To: asterisk-biz@lists.digium.com
Subject: [asterisk-biz] Video call recording and mobile push notifications
Hi,

I would like to setup up my SIP server / PBX for my business, likes broadsoft, now we have some candidates:

1. Open source solution:
  • Asterisk PBX,
  • Freeswitch PBX
  • Kamailio
  • OpenSIPS

2. Business solution:

Below features are mandatory for our project:
  • Video call recording (For the finance industry, the video recording is necessary)
  • Multi-tenant support
  • Both Linux and Windows support (at 1st stage, we would like to run it on Windows server and migrate it to Linux server in the future if users increased), the Linux support is required, the Windows support is preferred.

We have some questions:
  2. If yes, does the Asteirsk support push notifications and video recording ?
  3. Does the Asteirsk can works for Multi-tenant ?
  4. If Asteirsk doesn't support push notifications, does there has any 3rd plugin supported ?

• The Vodia PBX, PortSIP PBX and brrekeke all are support Multi-tenant, the 3CX is not.
  • The PortSIP also provide client SDK, with 3CX we only see the 3CX provide client apps, does 3CX has client SDK provided ?

Please help me to make the decision, we are plan host a service likes broadsoft, base on your experiences, which one (open source or business solution) is good to us ? I'm really new to VoIP...

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
admin at havesoft.com

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:28 am    Post subject: [asterisk-biz] Video call recording and mobile push notifica Reply with quote

Thank you Bryant, we will get back to you ASAP.

BR

On Tue, Jul 3, 2018 at 12:08 AM, Bryant Zimmerman <bryantz@zktech.com (bryantz@zktech.com)> wrote:
Quote:
Jeremy

Asterisk Does not have a mobile app that comes with it. We use a 3ed party app with push support to great success.

Base asterisk does not come with a full featured multitenant pbx. It is a foundational engine that you can develop your own PBX on top of. We have developed a fully multitenant solution that we have offered for years successfully so it is possible.

You would not want to run asterisk under Windows. There are a number of issues when doing this. I have run phone systems over the years for customers on both Windows and Linux. Linux is a solid foundation for doing so Windows is not primarily due to the Windows Update system.

Hope this helps. If you do decide to go the Asterisk route please keep me in mind if you require any consulting assistance.  

Bryant Zimmerman 

Sr. Systems Architect
Grand Dial Communications, A ZK Tech Inc. Company
616-299-5607 (mobile) 
616-855-1030 Ext. 2003 (office)

From: Jeremy Renner <admin@havesoft.com (admin@havesoft.com)>
Sent: 7/2/18 10:15 AM
To: asterisk-biz@lists.digium.com (asterisk-biz@lists.digium.com)
Subject: [asterisk-biz] Video call recording and mobile push notifications
Hi,

I would like to setup up my SIP server / PBX for my business, likes broadsoft, now we have some candidates:

1. Open source solution:
  •     Asterisk PBX, 
  •     Freeswitch PBX
  •     Kamailio
  •    OpenSIPS

2. Business solution:

Below features are mandatory for our project:
  • Multi-tenant support

We have some questions:
  2. If yes, does the Asteirsk  support push notifications and video recording ?
  3. Does the  Asteirsk   can works for Multi-tenant ?
  4. If Asteirsk doesn't support push notifications, does there has any 3rd plugin supported ?

Please help me to make the decision, we are plan host a service likes broadsoft, base on your experiences, which one (open source or business solution) is good to us ?   I'm really new to VoIP...

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

--

asterisk-biz mailing list
To UNSUBSCRIBE or update options visit:
   http://lists.digium.com/mailman/listinfo/asterisk-biz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VoIP Mailing List Archives Forum Index -> Asterisk Business All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: