|acunningham at integri...
|Posted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:23 am Post subject: [asterisk-biz] Contract support engineer position available
|Integrics is hiring a contract support engineer to provide level two support to Enswitch customers. This is a contract, work at home role. It entails:
* 10 to 20 hours per week answering support questions. This is primarily via web ticketing system, though occasional calls with customers may be required. Questions are submitted by customers' engineers, so are usually highly technical. Many involve substantial investigation, debugging, reading of SIP traces, etc. You will not be dealing with end users or the general public.
* Being on call for emergency support up to around 1/3rd of the time. This will normally be daytime as we have staff in other countries to cover night, but may occasionally be night time if necessary. You will be compensated for any callouts.
* Optionally, some development in Go, Perl, and AngularJS. If you're not interested in this, or lack the necessary skills, that's no problem.
The following are hard requirements. Please do not reply unless you fulfil all of these:
* Strong skills in Linux (Redhat and Debian based distributions), Asterisk, and SIP. Skill at debugging Asterisk and SIP problems is particularly important.
* Moderate or better skills in Kamailio, Perl, MySQL, and IP networking. Skills in AngularJS and Go are also useful, but not essential.
* Experience of providing technical support to IT professionals.
* Strong communication and diplomacy skills.
* Be able to speak and write English fluently, and with a professional demeanour, spelling, and grammar.
* Be an individual, self-employed contractor.
If you're interested in this role and meet the above requirements, or know someone who does, please email me off-list. Please include details of your skills and experience, your physical location, and a rough indication of hourly rates and availability.