Sponsor: VoiceMeUp - Corporate & Wholesale VoIP Services

VoIP Mailing List Archives
Mailing list archives for the VoIP community
 SearchSearch 

[Freeswitch-users] user registration

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VoIP Mailing List Archives Forum Index -> freeSWITCH Users
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mike at freeswitch.org

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 4:02 pm    Post subject: [Freeswitch-users] user registration Reply with quote

Show registrations was added as a core concept to support different endpoints than just sofia but we haven’t implemented it in other places yet. Im a bit surprised you see different values, maybe timing?
Quote:
On Apr 5, 2022, at 2:36 PM, Bote Man <botelist@gmail.com (botelist@gmail.com)> wrote:
I believe that “show registrations” shows ALL endpoints on every profile, while “sofia status profile internal reg” shows a formatted list of endpoints registered with the profile named “internal”. Profiles can take any name that you wish to assign them. The developers chose “internal” and “external” for the Vanilla configuration files to make it easier to understand.

FreeSWITCH can have many sip_profiles to provide multi-tenant identities. Each profile can have many endpoints registered to it. The Vanilla configuration files only use one tenant or identity to provide a simple starting point for new administrators who are unfamiliar with FreeSWITCH.

Choose the command the provides the information that is most helpful to you. There is no right or wrong way in this matter.

Hope this helps.

John Boteler
Bote Communications

From: FreeSWITCH-users <freeswitch-users-bounces@lists.freeswitch.org (freeswitch-users-bounces@lists.freeswitch.org)> On Behalf Of Kakiman ExpertSent: Tuesday, 5 April, 2022 08:37To: freeswitch-users@lists.freeswitch.org (freeswitch-users@lists.freeswitch.org)Subject: [Freeswitch-users] user registration

Hello
I am using freeSWITCH 10.06 and i am wondering about the difference between 2 commands :

- show registration

- sofia status profile internal reg

both commands list the users registered, but sometimes, I am still seing users in show registrations whereas they are not present in sofia status.

which is the command to have the right registration status ?

what is the difference between these commands ?

botelist at gmail.com

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 4:22 pm    Post subject: [Freeswitch-users] user registration Reply with quote

I believe that “show registrations” shows ALL endpoints on every profile, while “sofia status profile internal reg” shows a formatted list of endpoints registered with the profile named “internal”. Profiles can take any name that you wish to assign them. The developers chose “internal” and “external” for the Vanilla configuration files to make it easier to understand.

FreeSWITCH can have many sip_profiles to provide multi-tenant identities. Each profile can have many endpoints registered to it. The Vanilla configuration files only use one tenant or identity to provide a simple starting point for new administrators who are unfamiliar with FreeSWITCH.

Choose the command the provides the information that is most helpful to you. There is no right or wrong way in this matter.

Hope this helps.

John Boteler
Bote Communications

From: FreeSWITCH-users <freeswitch-users-bounces@lists.freeswitch.org> On Behalf Of Kakiman Expert
Sent: Tuesday, 5 April, 2022 08:37
To: freeswitch-users@lists.freeswitch.org
Subject: [Freeswitch-users] user registration

Hello
I am using freeSWITCH 10.06 and i am wondering about the difference between 2 commands :

- show registration

both commands list the users registered, but sometimes, I am still seing users in show registrations whereas they are not present in sofia status.

thanks

regards
jolexpert at gmail.com

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2022 11:14 am    Post subject: [Freeswitch-users] user registration Reply with quote

Hello,

thanks for your explanatio, it is more clear.

What I do not understand is that for example, if I kill a user with "sofia flush", it is no more present in the sofia profile reg, but still present in "show registration"

Or sometimes, some users are still present in "show registration" whereas they appear unregistered in "sofia profile reg"

Is there any cache or buffer in "show registration" command ?

thanks

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Mike Jerris <mike@freeswitch.org (mike@freeswitch.org)>
To: FreeSWITCH Users Help <freeswitch-users@lists.freeswitch.org (freeswitch-users@lists.freeswitch.org)>
Cc: 
Bcc: 
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2022 14:48:29 -0600
Subject: Re: [Freeswitch-users] user registration
Show registrations was added as a core concept to support different endpoints than just sofia but we haven’t implemented it in other places yet.  Im a bit surprised you see different values, maybe timing?

Quote:
On Apr 5, 2022, at 2:36 PM, Bote Man <botelist@gmail.com (botelist@gmail.com)> wrote:

Hope this helps.

John Boteler
Bote Communications

Le mar. 5 avr. 2022 à 14:37, Kakiman Expert <jolexpert@gmail.com (jolexpert@gmail.com)> a écrit :

Quote:
HelloI am using freeSWITCH 10.06 and i am wondering about the difference between 2 commands :
- show registration

thanks
regards

ahrongreenberg at gmai...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2022 9:14 pm    Post subject: [Freeswitch-users] user registration Reply with quote

I checked in the source code, flush_inbound_reg doesn’t remove the registrations from the core db registrations table. I’ve found multiple places where sofia doesn’t update the core db registration table, so you cannot rely on it.

Sent from Mail for Windows

Sent: April 6, 2022 12:03 PM
To: freeswitch-users@lists.freeswitch.org (freeswitch-users@lists.freeswitch.org)
Subject: Re: [Freeswitch-users] user registration

Hello,

What I do not understand is that for example, if I kill a user with "sofia flush", it is no more present in the sofia profile reg, but still present in "show registration"

Or sometimes, some users are still present in "show registration" whereas they appear unregistered in "sofia profile reg"

thanks

From: Mike Jerris <mike@freeswitch.org (mike@freeswitch.org)>
To: FreeSWITCH Users Help <freeswitch-users@lists.freeswitch.org (freeswitch-users@lists.freeswitch.org)>
Cc:
Bcc:
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2022 14:48:29 -0600
Show registrations was added as a core concept to support different endpoints than just sofia but we haven’t implemented it in other places yet. Im a bit surprised you see different values, maybe timing?

Quote:

Hope this helps.

John Boteler

Bote Communications

Le mar. 5 avr. 2022 à 14:37, Kakiman Expert <jolexpert@gmail.com (jolexpert@gmail.com)> a écrit :
Quote:

Hello

- show registration

thanks

regards
mike at freeswitch.org

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2022 2:04 pm    Post subject: [Freeswitch-users] user registration Reply with quote

Interesting. Can someone get some PR’s up to correct this?
Quote:
On Apr 6, 2022, at 7:32 PM, Ahron Greenberg <ahrongreenberg@gmail.com (ahrongreenberg@gmail.com)> wrote:
I checked in the source code, flush_inbound_reg doesn’t remove the registrations from the core db registrations table. I’ve found multiple places where sofia doesn’t update the core db registration table, so you cannot rely on it.

From: Kakiman Expert (jolexpert@gmail.com)Sent: April 6, 2022 12:03 PMTo: freeswitch-users@lists.freeswitch.org (freeswitch-users@lists.freeswitch.org)Subject: Re: [Freeswitch-users] user registration

Hello,

thanks

---------- Forwarded message ----------From: Mike Jerris <mike@freeswitch.org (mike@freeswitch.org)>To: FreeSWITCH Users Help <freeswitch-users@lists.freeswitch.org (freeswitch-users@lists.freeswitch.org)>Cc: Bcc: Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2022 14:48:29 -0600Subject: Re: [Freeswitch-users] user registration

Quote:

Hope this helps.

John Boteler

Bote Communications

Le mar. 5 avr. 2022 à 14:37, Kakiman Expert <jolexpert@gmail.com (jolexpert@gmail.com)> a écrit :

Quote:
Hello

- show registration

thanks

regards

_________________________________________________________________________The FreeSWITCH project is sponsored by SignalWire sales@freeswitch.com (sales@freeswitch.com)FreeSWITCH-users@lists.freeswitch.org (FreeSWITCH-users@lists.freeswitch.org)http://lists.freeswitch.org/mailman/listinfo/freeswitch-usersUNSUBSCRIBE:http://lists.freeswitch.org/mailman/options/freeswitch-usershttps://freeswitch.com
ahrongreenberg at gmai...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2022 3:06 pm    Post subject: [Freeswitch-users] user registration Reply with quote

I started to write the code to fix it, but didn’t have the time to finish it yet.

Sent: April 8, 2022 3:05 PM
To: FreeSWITCH Users Help (freeswitch-users@lists.freeswitch.org)

Interesting. Can someone get some PR’s up to correct this?

Quote:

On Apr 6, 2022, at 7:32 PM, Ahron Greenberg <ahrongreenberg@gmail.com (ahrongreenberg@gmail.com)> wrote:

Sent: April 6, 2022 12:03 PM
To: freeswitch-users@lists.freeswitch.org (freeswitch-users@lists.freeswitch.org)

Hello,

thanks

From: Mike Jerris <mike@freeswitch.org (mike@freeswitch.org)>
To: FreeSWITCH Users Help <freeswitch-users@lists.freeswitch.org (freeswitch-users@lists.freeswitch.org)>
Cc:
Bcc:
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2022 14:48:29 -0600

Quote:

Hope this helps.

John Boteler

Bote Communications

Quote:

Hello

- show registration

thanks

regards

The FreeSWITCH project is sponsored by SignalWire https://signalwire.com
Enhance your FreeSWITCH install with disruptive priced SMS and PSTN services.
Build your next product on our scalable cloud platform.

Join our online community to chat in real time https://signalwire.community

Professional FreeSWITCH Services
sales@freeswitch.com (sales@freeswitch.com)
https://freeswitch.com

Official FreeSWITCH Sites
https://freeswitch.com/oss
https://freeswitch.org/confluence
https://cluecon.com

FreeSWITCH-users mailing list
FreeSWITCH-users@lists.freeswitch.org (FreeSWITCH-users@lists.freeswitch.org)
http://lists.freeswitch.org/mailman/listinfo/freeswitch-users
UNSUBSCRIBE:http://lists.freeswitch.org/mailman/options/freeswitch-users
https://freeswitch.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VoIP Mailing List Archives Forum Index -> freeSWITCH Users All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: