Sponsor: VoiceMeUp - Corporate & Wholesale VoIP Services

VoIP Mailing List Archives
Mailing list archives for the VoIP community
 SearchSearch 

[asterisk-biz] Looking for a reliable China termination

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VoIP Mailing List Archives Forum Index -> Asterisk Business
View previous topic :: View next topic  
markmorreny at gmail.com

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:01 am    Post subject: [asterisk-biz] Looking for a reliable China termination Reply with quote

Hi,

The currently voip service provider (callwitus) that I am using is quite cheap. The problem is it can't terminate to China reliably, especially when the call is going to a line line. For cell phone, it is much better but still it is not 100% perfect. The problem I am encountering is that the call to China, through my current provider, routes to a "random" caller. For example, when I call my friend in China the call get routed to an unknown person's phone speaking in Chinese! If I call my friend's cell phone instead of his land line, the success rate is much better.

The part that frustrated me is the fact that I still get charged for those calls that were not routed correctly because someone from the other side did "answered" the call.

How come this happens? Is this something wrong with my current service provider?

Can anyone suggests a good souce for China termination?

Thanks,
Mark
samtam888 at gmail.com

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:28 am    Post subject: [asterisk-biz] Looking for a reliable China termination Reply with quote

What is your volume and what is your expected price?
Sometimes it is back to the point of you pay peanuts and get monkeys.

Do not expect to pay the bear minimum and get best quality out of it.
Quality does have a value.

Sam

From: asterisk-biz-bounces@lists.digium.com [mailto:asterisk-biz-bounces@lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of mark morreny
Sent: Saturday, April 26, 2008 12:53 PM
To: asterisk-biz@lists.digium.com
Subject: [asterisk-biz] Looking for a reliable China termination

Hi,

The currently voip service provider (callwitus) that I am using is quite cheap. The problem is it can't terminate to China reliably, especially when the call is going to a line line. For cell phone, it is much better but still it is not 100% perfect. The problem I am encountering is that the call to China, through my current provider, routes to a "random" caller. For example, when I call my friend in China the call get routed to an unknown person's phone speaking in Chinese! If I call my friend's cell phone instead of his land line, the success rate is much better.

The part that frustrated me is the fact that I still get charged for those calls that were not routed correctly because someone from the other side did "answered" the call.

How come this happens? Is this something wrong with my current service provider?

Can anyone suggests a good souce for China termination?

Thanks,
Mark
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VoIP Mailing List Archives Forum Index -> Asterisk Business All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: