|acunningham at integri...
|Posted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:24 am Post subject: [asterisk-biz] Contract back end developer position availabl
|Integrics is hiring a part-time contract developer. This is a work at home role. It entails 10 to 20 hours per week working on the back end of Enswitch, which is our company's primary product. Enswitch is a softswitch for commercial telephony services. It's extremely feature rich, supporting complex billing, call flows, and customer management. It's in use by telephone companies around the world, and has some large installations of up to several hundred thousand users. The back end includes the following components:
* A large, complex Asterisk AGI daemon written in Perl, doing the call routing and billing.
* Some Perl code to integrate with Kamailio.
* A message daemon written in Go (golang) to communicate between machines.
* A MySQL database.
* A JSON API written in Perl to serve the web interface, Android client, iOS client, and Windows client. We already have front end developers for these, so you won't need to work on them.
The role involves adding new features to the above components, and fixing bugs in them. The following skills are required:
* Strong development skills in Perl.
* Moderate to strong development skills in Go. We are gradually migrating to Go as a development language, so Go development is expected to expand in future.
* Strong skills with Asterisk, especially AGI daemons.
* Moderate skills in MySQL and working with Linux distributions (Redhat and Debian based).
* Basic skills with Kamailio and the SIP protocol.
* Be able to speak and write English fluently, and with a professional demeanour, spelling, and grammar.
* Be an individual, self-employed contractor.
If you're interested in this role and meet the above requirements, or know someone who does, please email me off-list. Please include details of your skills and experience, your physical location, and a rough indication of hourly rates and availability.